WW II Paramarine Insignia

Shanghai Jack

Corpsmancollector

Hey Jack,

Do you mean Marine Raider as opposed to Paramarine? The very first Raider patches were I think Australian made and done on wool, however I've never seen one with a black back like yours. I'll leave this one up to the experts!

Nice patch all the same :thumbsup:

Will

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

I saw one just like this at the Show of Shows. I have never seen a bullion patch on a uniform. I tend to think these bullion patches are a post war item. Just my opinion. The best thing to do would be to ask this question of the remaining surviving Raiders. Maybe they could confirm or deny this. Just my two cents worth.

:think:

Shanghai Jack
Hey Jack,

Do you mean Marine Raider as opposed to Paramarine? The very first Raider patches were I think Australian made and done on wool, however I've never seen one with a black back like yours. I'll leave this one up to the experts!

Nice patch all the same :thumbsup:

Will

Thanks for the correction Will. While my hands were typing Paramarine, my brain was thinking Marine Raider.

blitzkrieg gsd

I also saw one like this at the SOS and it was priced under 100 bucks I think. That struck mee as odd because some Raider patchs that are not bullion go for over 100 at the show. So I didn't know if it was a post war patch or a dealer just trying to move it. I did think about buying it but then I thought if it was legit it should be more expensive so I passed. But I would like to hear from some Raider collectors if they think these were war time patchs or not. Also if anyone has ever saw a picture of one being wore during the war.