USN Coat with Bullion insignia

Constabulary

I absolutely know nothing about the US Navy Dress Uniforms.

I once got this in a lot of uniforms but never tried to find out what it is so maybe someone can help me.

Looks Taylor made to me- it has a red silk lining.

Worth something or just a "Navy Dress"?

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

The star above the eagle is for the Senior Chief rank, an E-8 position established in 1958 so this jacket will date around then. After the first year or 2 the star was implemented into the patch as one unit. The gold hash marks on the sleeve each represent 4 years so if this coat is from 1958 then he would have been in for 20-24 years prior, entering somethime around 1934-1938. The rating badge is for a shipfitter, hence the crossed hammers.

Tyson

The star above the eagle is for the Senior Chief rank, an E-8 position established in 1958 so this jacket will date around then. After the first year or 2 the star was implemented into the patch as one unit. The gold hash marks on the sleeve each represent 4 years so if this coat is from 1958 then he would have been in for 20-24 years prior, entering somethime around 1934-1938. The rating badge is for a shipfitter, hence the crossed hammers.

Tyson

Agree with Tyson that the Jacket is from AT LEAST 1958. However, it COULD be earlier as the star was added later as indicated by the significantly noticeable difference in tarnishing on the bullion - the star is brighter. But that could also be due to a difference in the material of the star versus the crow.

So if someone is interested in it - I´m open for offers but I´m not in a hurry to sell it, just sen me a PN.

I also can send better pictures if wanted.