Costa

SUGARMAN JUMP WINGS

ARE THEY WW2 MAKERS AND DOES ANY ONE HAVE AN EXAMPLE???? :think:

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifpost-2-0-82042400-1545944020.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Costa, I've got a Sugarman CIB which has been identified on the forum as being post-war. Personally, I've never encountered any wings bearing their name...but that doesn't mean to say they aren't out there somewhere!? :think:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I've never come across a WW2 era US basic paratrooper wing made by Sugarman. I have a post war piece made by Sugarman pictured below. If Sugarman did make one during the war it would be very rare. What I would watch out for is someone taking a post war wing to a jeweler and having them replace the clutchback with a pin back. I can't say for sure but maybe 20 years or so ago I remember an insignia dealer who use to set up at a large gun show twice a year in Pomona, California, that was selling an inordinate number of pin back US master paratrooper wings. The vast majority of master paratrooper wings are clutch back with pinback variations being rather rare. There were just too many in one spot and I felt that the pin backs had at one time been clutch backs.

post-1389-1330025146.jpg

post-1389-1330025157.jpg

donation2008.gif

Don't encourage JS...you know what he's like when he's on a roll!! :wacko:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

speak of the devil and he shall appear ebay item 320854304546 sugerman pinback jump wings

RIP Sgt Adam J. Ray 4th Bn, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division Feb 9, 2010 Southern Afghanistan

Sure looks like the pin and catches have been recently added.Just my opinion.

that is my opinion also looks made up kinda like a crest craft i got burned on for 80 at least i didnt get got for 258 like some sucker did pt barnum was right there's one born every minute

RIP Sgt Adam J. Ray 4th Bn, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division Feb 9, 2010 Southern Afghanistan

Search for Sugerman.  There are lots of threads and I've seen a real pair in a collection in PA.  I will try to get a pic for you if he still has them.

I saw these on eBay not too long ago and was not convinced enough to bid on them as I felt there was the possibility that they could have been modified by a jeweler by removing the clutch back pins and adding a pin back assembly as well as the two stars.   I have been collecting paratrooper wing variants for some time now and it has only been within I would say the last five years or so that you all of a sudden started seeing a few of these Sugerman pin back paratrooper wings.  

Sugarman 2 Combat Stars PB (2).jpg

Sugarman 2 Combat Stars PB (3).jpg

Sugarman 2 Combat Stars PB (1).jpg

donation2008.gif

I almost hate to jump in here, but could not resist since I have an example (good or bad) of both wings being discussed in this thread. Now, I can't say if they are genuine or not, but since we are all here to learn, I will offer this. All the wings shown here are die struck (not cast) and all have the die shearing marks to prove that. I can't say if the clutch posts have been removed and replaced with broach pins. Is that possible ? Yes, I am sure it is. So did I get taken or are they real? I really don't know. None of these are recent acquisitions.

IMG_1124.jpeg.0db13761909b8b4d92885df7add0a882.jpegIMG_1125.jpeg.9e1ab420b247760502af0d6fb687f0b4.jpeg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

WANTED- Sterling hallmarked US Army Parachutist Jump wings:       WANTED -Combat Infantryman Badges (CIB):

Bell Trading Post Master (with star in wreath)                                        F.W. Assmann Germany full size CIB marked 191

12C Coro Senior clutchback (with star).                                                   CREST CRAFT Sterling EIB & CIB

CrestCraft 14C Master w/bubble canopy CB.                                          Denmark’s Sterling 2nd Award D22

Emblem Supply 1E Senior pinback                                                            Wilbur Kiff Co Attleboro Ma. Sterling

GP General Products Master CB                                                                D&H Manufacturing, provenance RI

Military Post Supply M21/MPS-21 Senior CB                                          C.P. Company NYC 1P C. Polk New York Sterling

Robbins Senior pinback                                                                               Gemsco Sterling 3rd award

Robbins Attleboro Mass. Basic pinback                                                   Simon Sterling 3rd Award