USS BUFFALO LIBERTY SET

navyman

The pants have this decorated material sewn in also in spots. I really should get another shot or two of the pants. These things are as nice as the jumper.

post-2501-1329955011.jpg

Jason

Thanks guys,

I just glad he had two or three other span am uniforms or he would of keep this one. Not saying its that old but possible.

Jason

OK, every time I look at this, :w00t: Has any one else noticed that the pocket linings on the jumper and trousers are red and greed silk? They are lined up correctly on "Port" and "Starboard" side? That is fantastic.

Steve Hesson

Thanks for the comments everone. As many of you know this era jumper was tucked in. That's why these pants are so decorated and the stiching goes up to the top of the pants. The jumper has stiching about mid way on the jumper because not to far below that it would not be seen.

Two more pictures of the pants.

post-2501-1329998715.jpg

post-2501-1329998731.jpg

Jason

Would the overlock stitching on the chevron lean toward 05ish era, at least on the rating badge. But overall, stunning this is the uniform that ALL issue uniforms should have been modeled after. I always felt better in my custom tailored blues and they don't even compare in any way shape or form. Will you be able to upgrade this uniform in the future?? Ha Ha well done!

Hi John,

I wonder if this style(1905) of rating badge was around earlier and maybe as early as 1900-1902. When did this jumper pattern go out of the regs? I've seen two other uniforms named to span am vets both having the 1905 style on the uniform. One is on this forum some where another was on Baystate. He had a grouping at one time.

post-2501-1330018097.jpg

Jason

OK, every time I look at this, :w00t: Has any one else noticed that the pocket linings on the jumper and trousers are red and greed silk? They are lined up correctly on "Port" and "Starboard" side? That is fantastic.

Steve Hesson

Don't you mean Larboard and Starboard? :lol:

Jason,

Where is this disc located? I wonder if that is a patch or decorative?

post-2501-1329954285.jpg

Rally,

There's actually two of these and there are on the back of the jumper flap. They line up with the stars, so probably to cover up the stich work of the stars on the back flap.

Jason

Rally,

There's actually two of these and there are on the back of the jumper flap. They line up with the stars, so probably to cover up the stich work of the stars on the back flap.

Jason

Sheesh...there is NOTHING that didn't receive attention by this tailor. Jason, that is just an amazing piece of artistry that you have there. I doubt we'll see another like it anytime soon. I am certainly glad that you got this (as long as I was unable to get it).

I did have a watch on the auction when it was listed a few years ago with the ignorant notion that it'd be affordable for a guy like me. It didn't take but a day to exceed my financial pain threshold. :crying: