USMC 8-poit cover / hat ERDL or RDF

shrapneldude

post-1424-1329830146.jpg

post-1424-1329830154.jpgpost-1424-1329830162.jpg

post-1424-1329830169.jpg

This may be kind of a dumb question, but I have this cover in my collection and noticed that matches almost perfectly with the brown-dominant ERDL slant pocket uniforms I have in the collection, and not so closely with the RDF cammies. Did they make ERDL USMC Covers? I've seen boonies in ERDL, but can't recall any covers that looked like this really. Maybe I've just never noticed though.

This may be kind of a dumb question, but I have this cover in my collection and noticed that matches almost perfectly with the brown-dominant ERDL slant pocket uniforms I have in the collection, and not so closely with the RDF cammies. Did they make ERDL USMC Covers? I've seen boonies in ERDL, but can't recall any covers that looked like this really. Maybe I've just never noticed though.

I recently have seen an lime dom USMC ERDL Cap on eBay - made by Proper and w/o NSN - and it went for more than $80.

I think its the same as with the so called RDF shirts and pants. You find the "RDF" cut garments with several camo schemes. So I think you'll also find the caps in lime dom ERDL, brown dom ERDL and the typical RDF scheme (which actually is ERDL too from what I know) - just like the shirts and pants.

I have one commercial made RDF and one with NSN - both made by proper but both have the typical RDF schemes.

I would assume yours is a commercial made cap - probably made by proper too. Because the issue Proper cap I have is made of two ply RDF fabric and the commercial one is just made of one ply - like yours. Just an assumption.