** Nerdy Collecting ** More than one of an item **

General Apathy

General Apathy

post-344-1329777169.jpg

Hi Folks, is there any particular item that you feel you need to have more than one of in your collection, what do you have, and how many of that item do you have. :rolleyes: :think:

I think I must have one of each manufacturer of U.S. WWII .30 ammo cans. :naughty: :laughing1:

lewis

now if they were mine and FULL I would be in hog heaven and looking for new barrels for my Garand as I would be burning them up :thumbsup: Robert

post-344-1329777169.jpg

Hi Folks, is there any particular item that you feel you need to have more than one of in your collection, what do you have, and how many of that item do you have. :rolleyes: :think:

I think I must have one of each manufacturer of U.S. WWII .30 ammo cans. :naughty: :laughing1:

lewis

Wow :blink: . Nice collection. I count at 110 in this picture alone. I think in 10 years I will be the same way with helmets (Probably not on THIS magnitude though).

Wow :blink: . Nice collection. I count at 110 in this picture alone. I think in 10 years I will be the same way with helmets (Probably not on THIS magnitude though).

My wife is seriously hoping that my collecting NEVER gets to this.

There for a while it was mess kits. They aren't all military, or at least US military, but I would buy every .45 auto magazine I saw for under $10. Gotta have over 20 of them.

pathfinder505

I think I see a rare type 26 in there and a type 47, wow :w00t: next, there will be a book on all the different types!!

General Apathy
Will you give us an interior shot of each???? :think:

ssshhh JS, keep it quiet, Lt.Frank ( Robert ) in post #2 is thinking that they are all full of Garand rounds, we don't want to send him into a depression now do we. :unsure:

Thanks all for the posts above, look forward to seeing some other items that other members may have. :thumbsup:

lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1329780936.jpg

I think I see a rare type 26 in there and a type 47, wow :w00t: next, there will be a book on all the different types!!

Hi pathfinder, almost correct there, but there are two different cans in the group M-1 and M-2's, the M-2 cans are about 3/8's of an inch deeper than the M-1's. ;)

lewis

General Apathy
I try and have One of everything so I don't think I will get to that level of collecting

Hi Robert, don't blame you, that way you need less storage and less to worry about. :thumbsup: however don't think you got any of the stuff on page 932 yet. :unsure:

lewis

There for a while it was mess kits. They aren't all military, or at least US military, but I would buy every .45 auto magazine I saw for under $10. Gotta have over 20 of them.

I think you nailed it Garandomatic with the .45 auto magazines. Half of it is the item itself, and the other is that mental rule of picking it up if it is at or below the set price point. If that wasn't there, I think people wouldn't have such sizable collections of one type of item.

I try and collect 2 of everything...an unissued example and a salty example.

Then there is variations in markings, dates, patterns, cutters tags, named, unnamed, UNIS marked, field modified...oh hell.....will it ever end :blink:

Ken, I know you're a very organized kind of bloke, but you really need to label them clearly and individually...screws, wood 1"....washers, assorted....nails 2"...Rawlplugs, various... nuts/bolts, various etc. You'll find what you need much more quickly then, trust me!

My name is Johan and I like Shoes....... :w00t:

I probably have more pairs than my wife..... :unsure:

can we see them? And do you keep them in a shoebox like Lewis ;)

Hi Robert, don't blame you, that way you need less storage and less to worry about. :thumbsup: however don't think you got any of the stuff on page 932 yet. :unsure:

lewis

Not yet but I keep crossing things off as I buy them. The book sets next to the computer for quick reference. It saved me yesterday from buying something that wasn't right. Robert

Glenn_Janssens

I feel the need too!

That's why i decided on collecting 99th ID patches.

Any reasonable ww2 variant i see for sale have my interest. :thumbsup:

Helmets...really....I like helmets....a lot!

Did I mention helmets? I really like them, well, actually it's more of an addiction...I don't know why, but I always need just one more. I'm glad these are legal.

They are legal,....right? :hapy0003: