Accessories for the M6 gasmask bag

ThompsonSavage

ThompsonSavage

I recently bought a M6 gasmask bag and M3 gas mask from a forum member but it is missing its accessories.

Does the following list contain everything I need to complete the bag?

- anti dimming

- gas mask waterproofing kit

- universal gas mask repair kit

- eyeshield M1

- M5 box for 4-tubes, protective ointment

- cover, protective, individual

post-45626-1329648598.jpg

• 1 month later...
Marchville1918

I have wondered the same thing. I have seen all those accessories on ebay and I have all but the ointment and repair kit. That said what I do have pretty well fills up the bag and I don't think I could force the ointment and repair tins into it unless they were just loose with the mask and I doubt that was intended. Did you ever find out the answer? I have never seen a diagram of what goes where in the bag.

ThompsonSavage

Did stateside troops also have a brassard in their gasmask bags? Or only ETO based troops?

Were all gas brassards British made, or did the US manufacture its own?

Did stateside troops also have a brassard in their gasmask bags? Or only ETO based troops?

Were all gas brassards British made, or did the US manufacture its own?

As far as I know all were British.

I had looked for an original for years.Last spring I bought a 34th Division trunk group.He was pre war Iowa Natioal Guard(34th) with an Artillery unit.Shipped to North Africa and only was there briefly before becoming ill(have yet to figure what he had).He was returned to the states to later serve with an MP unit on the east coast.While sorting through the trunk a couple months later I saw this folded,odd looking paper item....Naw couldnt be.Sure enough it was a Brit made gas brassard.Thought how cool is this and wouldnt it be nice if there was another???Sure enough there was a twin to it.Found two in the same trunk. :w00t: I hadnt realized they issued them for Operation Torch.This guy kept a lot of odds and ends and these were under his musette bag in the bottom of the footlocker.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.