2012 Show of Shows, 23-26 February, Louisville KY

I am glad I am so specialized with my collecting, only walked away with less then a hundred bucks damage to my wallet for a few theater made 10th Mountain patches. If I collected anything and everything like in the past, I would be in some trouble right now. :pinch: It was a great show, even if you aren't there to shop, it is fun to look at all of the rare militaria that was floating around. I only got one picture with my iPhone, there was a nice German two seater motorcycle on display. I figured my son would get a kick out of it.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Always looking for WWII 10th Mountain Division uniforms and groupings

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHH I wish I was there! Seriously though if anyone has photos of the 82nd Jump jacket and the 10k 82nd Grouping please let me know!

2013 SOS cannot come any faster!

Need not travel to the SOS for the 10K 82nd group. Scott has great photos of it on his website:

http://www.baystatemilitaria.com/WWII/WWIIuniforms.htm

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Need not travel to the SOS for the 10K 82nd group. Scott has great photos of it on his website:

http://www.baystatemilitaria.com/WWII/WWIIuniforms.htm

Thanks. Another member sent me the link not to long ago. Makes me wonder what my grandfathers would fetch. Not that I plan on selling, just would like to get it insured.

Drew

"Remember Bataan, Never Forget"

Actively looking for U.S. Army Run/Swim/Walk For Your Life patches.

Treasurer, ASMIC

Area V VP, ASMIC

www.asmic.org

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif
donation2014.gif

Thanks. Another member sent me the link not to long ago. Makes me wonder what my grandfathers would fetch. Not that I plan on selling, just would like to get it insured.

Drew

Drew do you own your home? If you do and you have Homeowners Insurance....it is already covered under the Personal Property Section.

Ronnie

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

This was my first Show of Shows and I think I did good. :thumbsup:

I am at awe of how big this Show really is. :blink: It was great meeting everyone and it was also good to now have a face to go with all the names. Everybody was so nice and helpful.......it was a lot of fun! Thank you!

There were several big plastic bins to go threw. You can see another big bin of subdued patches behind me.

Yes, yes...... Old B-1 (Obi-wan) is not that old.

Enjoy! --- Rick (Old B-1)

Always looking for Rare/Hard to find B-1, B-1A, and B-1B related patches.

I got to see Mr. Jerry, OldB1, Cookieman (sp) and another member (sorry I forgot who!) today. Great guys!!

I did get the Silver Star group. I will post photos when I get back. The group belonged to Col Hugh Mahoney, navigator. Flew with the 11th BG at Midway (B-17, BBB numbered SS with matching box), 498th BG (B-29, ditched and in a raft alone for 5 days PH) Chines Mao-chi medal and envelope, numbered, Legion of Merit (named with certificate from retirement 1970). DFC, AM and other campaign medals. Paperwork, photos, research.

There is a chapter out of Journey of the Giants dedicated to his ditching. Really thrilled with the group.

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I have gotta ask.....Any General's uniforms or groups floating around there?

There is a "Museum" in Virginia that always seems to be trying to sell General's uniforms. I am pretty sure I saw them this year. Also, If my memory serves me correct they were expensive.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I got to see Mr. Jerry, OldB1, Cookieman (sp) and another member (sorry I forgot who!) today. Great guys!!

I did get the Silver Star group. I will post photos when I get back. The group belonged to Col Hugh Mahoney, navigator. Flew with the 11th BG at Midway (B-17, BBB numbered SS with matching box), 498th BG (B-29, ditched and in a raft alone for 5 days PH) Chines Mao-chi medal and envelope, numbered, Legion of Merit (named with certificate from retirement 1970). DFC, AM and other campaign medals. Paperwork, photos, research.

There is a chapter out of Journey of the Giants dedicated to his ditching. Really thrilled with the group.

-Ski

Went by Dover Military to say hello to Teamski but he was busy with customers. They have more patches then Carter has pills.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

-Ski

I saw that group too, glad to see you got it!

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

There is a "Museum" in Virginia that always seems to be trying to sell General's uniforms. I am pretty sure I saw them this year. Also, If my memory serves me correct they were expensive.

They are there every year and they are "smoking crack" expensive... :lol::lol:

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

I have gotta ask.....Any General's uniforms or groups floating around there?

I think I saw a generals group for 5500 on another table

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

!!!!! Wanted!!!!!!!

USMC Chosin Reservoir Medal Groups

Cross Groupings: Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, and Distinguished Flying Cross Medal Groups

Yep, they have a website too--unfortunately they have an inflated estimate of the going rates of GO items.

Edit: Dave said it best a couple posts above haha!

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

All I can say is the beers taste better at SoS! (this message confirmed by TBMFlyer)

Kyle

And especially if you are wearing a beer shirt at the SOS.

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

What a great show guys I had a blast even being there by myself. Did get to meet a couple members and pick up some stuff I needed. There were deals to be had you just had to look and ask seems like some guys wanted to sell more then others. I did take some pics on my phone but I can't post them from my phone. If anyone wants to post them for me pm your email and ill send them to you and you can post them.

I found alot of good deals on patchs I got a Marine Para patch for 40 bucks. All the other ones I saw and ask about were anywhere from 70-100 bucks. So when the guy told me 40 for his I had to get it I knew if I didn't I would regret it all yr. I picked up the rest of the hard to find pieces for my uncles uniform restoration. Also got some USMC stuff I needed to restore a Nam Era uniform for my dad. Tell you what I didn't see was any V/N era para helmets there was probably some there I just didn't see them. There's so much stuff one day just not enough to see it all. But it was enough walking for me I woke up today and could feel it in my legs. One more thing half the tables I stoped by the seller was out shopping himself. Guys if you are there to sell stay at your table. You can't sell anything if your not there I would have spent twice as much money if the sellers would have been there. But I understand I couldn't set there all day myself I would be out looking around to.

So overall a great show can't wait till everyones home and starts posting pics of there goods. I want to see the 18k helmet and some of the great groups you guys got. Everyone have a safe trip home and we will see you again next yr. The show in 13 is going to be even bigger so get ready.

I was wondering who on here gets credit for travelling the farthest to get to the show?

....Kat

Well I came from an island on the west coast of Canada, (so far west that when you look at at the ocean the next land mass would be Japan!), but i believe there was a member from the Netherlands here so it's probably a toss up as to who came the farthest. ;) ....and for me it was well worth the 12 hours of flying and connecting flights!

The show ends tomorrow but a lot of dealers and sellers are packing up today, and tomorrow will likely be a lot less busy....

Regards from Louisville,

Rick

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Collector of WWII M-1helmets and WWII Airborne items