EBay Navy Purple Heart

captaxe

post-701-1329412050.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo-- taken from a screen shot.

Sailor was Delbert Applegate, Machinists Mate 3rd Class. He went down on the USS McKean, 18 November 1944. Had full box,original wrapped shipping box addressed to mother, KIA accolade

It was up to $1695 when it disappeared!

post-701-1329412050.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo-- taken from a screen shot.

Sailor was Delbert Applegate, Machinists Mate 3rd Class. He went down on the USS McKean, 18 November 1944. Had full box,original wrapped shipping box addressed to mother, KIA accolade

It was up to $1695 when it disappeared!

Nice...but I think I have one for the USS McKean already...but not with the accolade !! My memory sucks but I think is a brother's grouping...one sailor who was lost and a brother served in the Army and survived the war. :thumbsup:

Dang...doesn't ebay have something else they can "police" !! :thumbdown:

Vic

Hello,

The USS McKean (DD-90 / APD-5) was a Wickes class destroyer. She was sunk off Bougainville by a Japanese aerial torpedo in the early morning hours of 17 November 1943. Killed in the attack and subsequent sinking were 64 of her crew and 52 embarked troops (Marines).

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

Nice type I , but not worth 2 G's IMO.

The economy must be getting better because I have seen crazy bidding happening more and more on Ebay and its not just with Militaria.

Kurt

I get the impression that some of the increase is from European buyers coming into the market. It must be better in the EU than I thought, as I like to say "a rising tide lifts all boats".

DakotaDave