Let's See Your US Shotgun Shell Ammunition Pouches

LTGSANCHEZ

FYI, the estimate I gave are for WWII production pouches only. I have no idea what WWI, Vietnam or 1980's pouches are selling for.

The 80s pouches are a hard find too. I know one of the millitaria vendors has a Thurston one for sale like mine but I can't remember the link.

Thanks for that info...I've passed up many of these in my search for some WWII examples. I didn't realize they were rare also.

Nice score Big Moose!

• 2 years later...
milsurp_scout_14

I recently bought this shotgun pouch and figured I'd post it for opinions. Made of green nylon, it's got snap fasteners with ALICE clips, marked "US" on the front, and "M24" under the flap. Looks un-used. Also, the elastic appears to be either very stiff, or possibly cut too small for shotgun shells. It's obviously not a collectible, but I'm curious as to whether this was a private purchase item, or something made in a small batch like the LBTC variant above.

post-153911-0-41418300-1468721525.jpg

Front and back view

post-153911-0-21723600-1468721577.jpg

post-153911-0-67040800-1468721589.jpg

I recently bought this shotgun pouch and figured I'd post it for opinions. Made of green nylon, it's got snap fasteners with ALICE clips, marked "US" on the front, and "M24" under the flap. Looks un-used. Also, the elastic appears to be either very stiff, or possibly cut too small for shotgun shells. It's obviously not a collectible, but I'm curious as to whether this was a private purchase item, or something made in a small batch like the LBTC variant above.

It is a commercial item, based on the shotgun pouch, for 7.62mm cartridges (the M24 is the Army designation of the Remington 700).

439th Signal Battalion

As these are highly collectible items, can anyone share any pictures of these being used in Vietnam?

As these are highly collectible items, can anyone share any pictures of these being used in Vietnam?

I believe the question has been asked before, and no one ever came forward with any images. I am still looking for one too!

IIRC the FY1968 case (that Craig posted) was the only Vietnam-era case manufactured (unless you count the FY1974 dated ones). As stated here (post #19) the Nordac FY1969 case is a post-war reproduction, as are the Turner-Thurston nylon cases (which were discussed in a different thread I cannot find).

• 1 year later...

Just got these..2 of them actually, new in bag..I intend on using them though. ('86 contract date it looks like.) I had one of these pouches on my duty belt as an armed brow watch when I was in Weapons Dept on CVN-73.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Correction... '06!

I saw this one while searching, and this looks like an '06, not '86..so I looked up the contract number and BOOM:https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/search.do?s=FPDS&indexName=awardfull&templateName=1.4.4&q=SPM1C106V0333+9700+

s-l1600.jpg

Oh well..still mint in the bag! :) I didn't overpay, so all is good! They're actually being shipped to me right now. Hell, researching the NSN and contract number was part of the fun! '86 or '06, or even '16..doesn't matter to me! I will be using them for their intended purpose,as shotshell carrying pouches, so I know it is well made in the USA (just gotta trim some Irish Pennants LOL) Actually took a bit to find these. They however are made exactly like the ones I have used '93-'95ish, and look identical.

Still made to spec! ;)

milsurp_scout_14

Here's two modern examples. Brown one is a MOLLE, Eagle Industries made in 2010 for USMC. It holds 10 rounds, and is un-issued. The OD is dated 1988, holds 12 rounds, and seems to have seen use somewhere.

post-153911-0-78073600-1519621066.jpg

Data

post-153911-0-79945100-1519621095_thumb.jpg

Rear views

post-153911-0-20298800-1519621124_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 6:57 PM, milsurp_scout_14 said:

Here's two modern examples. Brown one is a MOLLE, Eagle Industries made in 2010 for USMC. It holds 10 rounds, and is un-issued. The OD is dated 1988, holds 12 rounds, and seems to have seen use somewhere.

Seems '06 version is same as the '86, except color, nylon trim vs web trim and loops.

I got mine..and they're very nice...the only thing I noticed was the larger drain grommet at the bottom on the '06 version, otherwise identical besides nylon trim on '06

• 3 years later...

Here's one I'm gonna list soon, if I can be assured its genuine....

Heavy canvas ....holds 12 rds marked J.Q.M.D 1943IMG_1624.jpeg.78cc249831af570b1e5f974eb8740ce4.jpegP1010083.jpeg.29eb37ef4dc4ef3def976c6210e74dcf.jpeg

P1010084.jpeg

P1010082.jpeg

P1010081.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I have the opportunity to buy one of these locally. It is marked inside the flap J.Q.M.D. 1944. Outside the flap is marked U.S. outside pouch body is marked Pouch, Ammunition. Does not say Shotgun anywhere on it. Is this possible? Everything else looks good, to me anyways. 

I can, but I would have to block out the watermark as I really want this for myself. I have been wanting one for years. Lol.

Is that ok to post pics here like that with the watermark blocked out?

Charlie Flick

Yes, OK to post such pics, but would also ask that you post complete photos if and when you are able to secure it.

This old thread is a great one, but is marred by so many of the early posts having photo links that are broken.  That is a reminder as to why our Forum has, for years now, required that photos be uploaded to our site so that down the road the value in such images is not lost when the links die.

Regards,

Charlie

silverplate

Based on the printing, color and fasteners I'd say you've got a nice original pouch there. If the price is right, grab it. Nice find Scott!

silverplate

Here's the pouch in my collection. Also JQMD. Had an earlier dated pouch and sold it on a whim. Still kicking myself.

M19 With Pouch.jpg

6 minutes ago, silverplate said:

Based on the printing, color and fasteners I'd say you've got a nice original pouch there. If the price is right, grab it. Nice find Scott!

Thank you! That's awesome news!

What kind of value on these? I don't want to over pay. Included is the 12 unfired Winchester all brass rounds.

Salvage Sailor
6 hours ago, Charlie Flick said:

Yes, OK to post such pics, but would also ask that you post complete photos if and when you are able to secure it.

This old thread is a great one, but is marred by so many of the early posts having photo links that are broken.  That is a reminder as to why our Forum has, for years now, required that photos be uploaded to our site so that down the road the value in such images is not lost when the links die.

Regards,

Charlie

Moderators Note:  Edited Topic and removed dead outside hosting photo links.  As Charlie said, Members - please post photos directly on this topic utilizing the forum software.  Carry On

silverplate

Scott, if that pouch comes with 12 unfired brass shells, I wouldn't consider $200+ as unreasonable. The pouches alone have been trending at $150+ in the condition yours is in. and unfired brass shells can easily fetch $10 each.

silverplate

Sounds reasonable for that rig. Let me know if you change your mind, I might be interested.