MARINE ATTACK SQN. 233 PATCH IN WEAR

INIMICUS

I KNOW THESE PATCHES ARE EXCEPTIONALLY RARE. POSSIBLY PERIOD FOTOS, TOO.

HERE'S ONE IN WEAR IN A FOTO IN A COMPREHENSIVE ALBUM COMPILED BY A MARINE COMBAT CORRESPONDENT, A LT. WHO ENLISTED 1 1/2 YR. BEFORE PEARL HARBOR AND WAS ASSIGNED TO THE UNIT ABOARD THE BABY CARRIER 'USS BLOCK ISLAND.' (CVE-106).

post-496-1329352512.jpg

Johnny Signor

Question I hope some of the members can help "me" on thisone this time, I have a similar patch to the posted photo but somewhat different too, I'll describe it here , sorry can't post a photo, but am womdering it it's related to same unit,if not does anyone recognise the unit ,

round patch with inner "pipper gun sight rings, over this a skull wearing cloth/leather flight helmet w/goggles looking towards the left , behind skull a long thin pointed nosed bomb with tail fins, and 3 -5 point stars to the left of skull .

Johnny

THANKS FOR RESPONDING, GUYS.

JOHNNY, I SAW 'MY' PATCH IN THE THREAD A WHILE BACK BUT STILL VIEWABLE HERE CALLED 'POST YOU RARE PATCHES' OR SOMETHING....

MAYBE THE POSTER CAN HELP YOU....

DAVID

Question I hope some of the members can help "me" on thisone this time, I have a similar patch to the posted photo but somewhat different too, I'll describe it here , sorry can't post a photo, but am womdering it it's related to same unit,if not does anyone recognise the unit ,

round patch with inner "pipper gun sight rings, over this a skull wearing cloth/leather flight helmet w/goggles looking towards the left , behind skull a long thin pointed nosed bomb with tail fins, and 3 -5 point stars to the left of skull .

Johnny