US Army folding chair

robinb

Found this last weekend at an antique mall. At first I was just going to leave it since I have a bunch of them already. But once I saw the Chemical Warfare Service emblem on the back, I was taking it home with me.

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

very nice indeed! Most collectors dont think further than what a GI wore. There are so many everyday items that a serviceman used or touched that are never considered. A few years ago I came across at at garage sale a couple of oak chairs from a Selective Service office

• 11 months later...

I just happened upon another chair as well. Not nearly as cool as your chemical Warfare Service marked one, but since this new one is marked, I couldnt leave it behind.

Marked HQ DIV TR

Oh, and quick question. Does the TR mean training?

20130209_105153_zpsc0172aaa.jpg

I have one just like it that came out of JQMD and is marked as such. The "TC" on the Chemical chiar might mean "Training Center"...not sure where the Chemical School was during WWII...they were at Fort McClelan, AL before moving to their present home at Fort Leonard Wood.

I did a little google research for U-T-C CWS and found that it stands for Unit Training Center at Camp Sibert, Alabama. Camp Sibert was a Chemical Warfare Service training camp. Mystery solved.