14 year old sgt...

Ngrovcam

hey all its Nick! Im 14 and reenact vietnam...want to get into army air corps. as well and here is my uniform all real from LW GOHN of the 3rd AAF

let me know what you think thanks,

nick c.

post-64499-1329063981.jpg

Hi Nick,

Looks like you have a very strong interest in the history of the US military, not bad for being a 14 year old, just make sure you do your homework before you do any reenacting, the eyes of the Forum are upon you.

I started a thread back in 2009, check it out, some very young troopers in there.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=45843&st=0

Hi Nick,

Looks like you have a very strong interest in the history of the US military, not bad for being a 14 year old, just make sure you do your homework before you do any reenacting, the eyes of the Forum are upon you.

I started a thread back in 2009, check it out, some very young troopers in there.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=45843&st=0

Wow that's wonderfully funny sir thanks!

nick c.

Ian, what do you mean by "Uncle"? "YOU" and I could easily be his grandfather. :lol:

Thanks Pat...you can always be relied upon to raise one's spirits....NOT!! ;)

Thanks Pat...you can always be relied upon to raise one's spirits....NOT!! ;)

Lol guys love the humor mixed with history on the forum....lol besides how many 14 year old listen to Glenn Mille and Benny goodman instead of modern crap

• 2 weeks later...
Lol guys love the humor mixed with history on the forum....lol besides how many 14 year old listen to Glenn Mille and Benny goodman instead of modern crap

GOOD JOB! What is your impression, flight, ground?

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
Ngrovcam has a huge advantage over most reenactors I've seen - his youth.

More authentic-looking, IMO.

Depends on the impression too on the youth issue. :D

Scott

Two members of the Mighty 8th, both gunners, only a 30 year age difference. Sgt Wells N. Gardner, 46 years old, served in WW1 with the 56th Artillery and was a vet of the Argonne Campaign. In this article it also states that Sgt DeSales A. Glover is 16 years old, but he enlisted when he was 14!

http://www.458bg.com/storiestaleoftwogunners.htm

http://widenermagazine.com/2010/03/24/in-s...erage-war-hero/

• 1 month later...

As I said everything is original in that photo, I was potraying Sgt. LW Gohn, He was a mechanic on c47s in the 3rd aaf stateside

OUTSTANDING!! Ground crew types are the long overlooked impression and unfortunatly the men who were ground crew in WW2 didn't get much recognition for keeping the aircraft in the air.

• 3 months later...
OUTSTANDING!! Ground crew types are the long overlooked impression and unfortunatly the men who were ground crew in WW2 didn't get much recognition for keeping the aircraft in the air.

Hi guys. Please excuse me for butting in on your topic but my unit "Airmen's Preservation Society-Capital Wing" has a great AAF ground crew impression, along with our other members who portray the airmen. The crews couldn't fly those planes without the ground crews who constantly worked to keep them patched up and flying. Our group has the tools, uniforms, the "follow-me" jeep, and camp equipment to make it as authentic as possible. We stay quite active through the year on the East coast, and maintain an emphasis on authenticity. We have a site entitled Airmen's Preservation Society". Check it out and see what you think. Again, sorry to but in. There are very few units that do AAF ground crews.

Hi guys. Please excuse me for butting in on your topic but my unit "Airmen's Preservation Society-Capital Wing" has a great AAF ground crew impression, along with our other members who portray the airmen. The crews couldn't fly those planes without the ground crews who constantly worked to keep them patched up and flying. Our group has the tools, uniforms, the "follow-me" jeep, and camp equipment to make it as authentic as possible. We stay quite active through the year on the East coast, and maintain an emphasis on authenticity. We have a site entitled Airmen's Preservation Society". Check it out and see what you think. Again, sorry to but in. There are very few units that do AAF ground crews.
You're not butting in, I do that all the time where I'm not wanted. ;)

If this is your website you're talking about, http://capitalwingaps.org/ , I think it's pretty good, looks like you people are very busy. :thumbsup: