SAMPSON MEDAL SHOWCASE !

Jack's Son

Totally crazy that you have the Sampson/Life Saving group to the rescuer and the Sampson to the victim. How did you pull that off?

They were united by a previous owner. They were sold this way on a George Harris list about 20 years ago.

Did some photography today so here are a few more Sampsons. I like to buy them when they're paired with a Good Conduct Medal.

USS Indiana

post-10651-0-65856200-1356736445.jpg

Great collation of medals.I love the engraving they did back then.I would love to see the back of the Silver Lifesaving medal.Thank's to ALL for sharing your collection's.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Received this in the mail today

Dr. Henry Grant Stafford

Born in New York October 1871

Died in New York 1917

Henry joined April 28, 1898 and was discharged September 2 of the same year. He served aboard the USS Yankee in the 1st Naval Battalion. His sampson is missing the bars Cienfuegos, Casilda & USS Yankee.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Currently still what research I can until I can send off for a file. There was also a Philippine campaign that came with this, but the reason I did not include it here. Is I don’t think it’s his, hopefully when I send for his file that will confirm if its his or not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...