Field Hospital Photos

338thRCT

Wonderful pictures! Did you get them in a grouping or find them individually?

....Kat

Picked them out of a bunch of random shots.Have a couple more to put up.One of a group of (I suppose) Dr.'s sitting around a stove and another of a large formation of WAACs marching through a town stateside, wearing steel pots etc.Not a parade,looks like a unit movemnt to new billets or something such as that..

Mike

I dont know where these were taken, but show some interesting aspects of the medical corps.med005.jpg The fellow in the midddle seems to be enjoying his tour of duty...

I love the young lady on the left holding the dog or cat... it is the classic "DO NOT take my picture" pose!

This is a great candid shot. We see so many posed photos it is refreshing to see one of the troops just being themselves in a relaxed moment.

These candid shots are great. Do you have any idea where these were taken?

....Kat

Unfortunately I have no idea about the unit or its location. The only thing is a name on the back of all of them. Cpt. G.P. Raitt

Outstanding group of photos. A person can thumb through a lot of snapshots before encountering a few with the qualities of these. Well done.

john

• 4 weeks later...
Jeffrey Magut
Unfortunately I have no idea about the unit or its location. The only thing is a name on the back of all of them. Cpt. G.P. Raitt

You might try seeking records for a Capt. Grant P Raitt, M.D. who served in WWII. He was a radiologist in Montana after the war.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Most of these photos were taken by Capt. Grant Pearce Raitt. He was an Army doctor attached to the 104th Evacuation Hospital stationed out of France. Captain Raitt was also a photographer and was one of the few servicemen allowed to have a camera. So you can see the quality of the photos that were taken. I have a large collection of his photographs and have some of these photos in my collection.