NAAFW National Association of Air Force Women Wing

manayunkman

Can anyone give me some input and background on this wing. Is it WW2 ?? What was it given for ?? Ect. Marked STERLING AMICO.

post-51189-1328595740.jpg

post-51189-1328595760.jpg

In answer to your first question; It is post WWII.

Always a pleasure to hear from you JS. Thanks for the info. I saw one on a dealers site for 85.00. Is that a crazy price or in the ball park ?

M

Always a pleasure to hear from you JS. Thanks for the info. I saw one on a dealers site for 85.00. Is that a crazy price or in the ball park ?

M

I am not sure that the wing has any direct relationship at all to the WASPs. I believe that the National Association for Air Force Women was similar to a fraternal organization, something that wives and retired USAF personnel joined. Perhaps some WASPs joined as well, but any direct link to the WASPs and these specific wings would be tenuous at best.

These things are fairly common and frankly, 85$ seems steep. I see them all the time on ebay, flea markets, etc. With a bit of patience, you should be able to get a pair for 40-50$ with out much problem.

Just my 2cents.

Patrick

I am not sure that the wing has any direct relationship at all to the WASPs. I believe that the National Association for Air Force Women was similar to a fraternal organization, something that wives and retired USAF personnel joined. Perhaps some WASPs joined as well, but any direct link to the WASPs and these specific wings would be tenuous at best.

These things are fairly common and frankly, 85$ seems steep. I see them all the time on ebay, flea markets, etc. With a bit of patience, you should be able to get a pair for 40-50$ with out much problem.

Just my 2cents.

Patrick

Patrick I'll take your 2 cents and ad 9.98 to make 10.00 and that is what I paid for the above wing.

M