1917-1919 Chevrons of the Army of the U.S.

hhbooker2

GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS! How exciting it is when we see special chevrons created for soldiers that reflect their army or branch, like those with images if various tanks for the non-commissioned officers in the Tank Corps, or the Motor Transport Corps, etc! For starters here is a round patch that was worn by a Private First Class in the M.T.C.! Sarge Booker ( [email protected] ) :think:

post-837-1328563669.jpg

Sarge, I agree with you! I've collected WW1 rank patches and chevrons since I was a kid and just love these things. There's so many variations that its like they were created just for us collectors, yet they have a lot of history attached to them.

Sarge, I agree with you! I've collected WW1 rank patches and chevrons since I was a kid and just love these things. There's so many variations that its like they were created just for us collectors, yet they have a lot of history attached to them.

I agree 100%. U.S. enlisted rank insignia has always been one of my favorite areas of collecting and the field is almost limitless with changes, variations and of course having 5 branches of the armed forces. Enlisted rank insignia is one of the most basic types of insignia an enlisted person is familuar with and associates with his/her military service. I even like to collect ROTC rank as that adds a lot more to the mix.

The knowledge of enlisted rank is also very valuable in dating photographs as to time period.

I LIKE 'em! :thumbsup: