Flea market pilot wing bracelet find

Tonomachi

I saw this bracelet at the flea market today and wasn't sure if an original sterling pilot's wing was riveted to the front as it looked modern. I asked the seller how much and to my surprise he said 4 dollars. I bought it and then took it to a seller friend of mine at the same flea market who sells jewelry and used acid to determine if this wing was made of silver. It tested positive for silver so I lucked out. Once I got it home I noticed that there had at one time been some wording etched to the back that someone had unfortunately removed.

post-1389-1328505496.jpg

post-1389-1328505505.jpg

post-1389-1328505544.jpg

Looks like a good Meyer WWII vintage wing. The fancy cut cuff reminds me of something a biker might wear, rather than a pilot or his girl.

I have a watch mounted on a similiar piece of styleized metal.The watch body is nounted on the center of the baqnd which is heart shaped.He served in the pacific.Listed his campaings and the dates of service plus name and rank.

I have a watch mounted on a similiar piece of styleized metal.The watch body is nounted on the center of the baqnd which is heart shaped.He served in the pacific.Listed his campaings and the dates of service plus name and rank.

I suspect that it is mounted on aircraft aluminum. A very nice example of vintage WWII trench art.

P

Good score! Another forum member posted a wing bracelet on here a few days ago. I believe he paid considerably more than you did! :w00t: