Radio BC-611-C

doyler

Picked this up and noticed the data plate is a little different than some I have seen.This one is enamaled paint on a steel tag,yellow on black.Others I have seen are done on aluminum.Is this an earlier model or variation?

post-342-1328496822.jpg

post-342-1328496853.jpg

The "LSD serial no." data plate on a piece of Signal Corps gear means it was repaired/rebuilt at the Lexington Signal Depot, Avon, Kentucky

Corpsmancollector

Very nice Ron! I wish they popped up over here more often...Tough to find on the loose. I remember seeing a pile of them at a collectors fair years and years ago, they'd been used by the French and all had a pick-axe hole (about 1" inch) in one side. I never picked one up and I wish I'd bought the whole lot at £20 per piece!

Will

Near the top of my "Wish I had one" list too! As Will said, they aren't too common over here and when they do turn up they tend to be rather expensive. Likewise, if they turn up on ebayUS, as they occasionally do, their weight bumps the shipping costs right up so it's usually not a viable purchase for we Europeans! :(

Were original data plates for the bc-611 made of a hard fiber board type material? The plate on my 611 is of this type material, not metal. Just wondering if they used both types on original radios. Thanks, Ron

post-4155-1328573048.jpg

I love those old mobile phones .

owen

:thumbsup:

Me too O

Classic just like the M1 helmet and all the kids watching COMBAT !! on the tube wanted one....... :lol: