Sign in to follow this  
steven61

ETO & pacific displays

Hello from Switzerland,

I found this forum recently and am very interested in the different displays and topics presented on US militaria.

I want to share with you my own WWII US collection started just 10 years ago and that is displayed in a late 19th century old cellar.

Twenty mannequins are dressed and equipped to represent different battlefields, periods and services of the ETO and pacific.

Some pictures in this order:

D-Day, Bastogne, the Bulge, English pub, USMC & army in Japanese camp.

Any comment or advice from your own experience is welcome in improving the realism of my collection.

Enjoy the tour.

Marc.

post-2109-1198178901.jpg

post-2109-1198178944.jpg

Thanks craig,

I am new at this and did not quite

understand the new post for extra picts.

Will try by your explanation.

Marc

post-2109-1198185469.jpg

Steven,

What I see looks great!! thumbsup.gif

Love the two tankers........ :)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

Steven, that is super nice collection and so well displayed thumbsup.gif I love manikin displays as they give you a realistic impression and yours even adds to the realism by the settings you have them in. Ray

donation2008.gif

Steven, I love your displays! I also work with full mannequins, but don't have the space to do diaramas. The degree of accuracy with each mannequin is outstanding. If I am forced to make a critical comment, your English pub depiction shows a pilot that looks as iff he just stepped out of his plane, and would be out of place in this scene. For doing this for only ten years, we have a lot to learn from you. Well done! Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

You are more than welcome to move out and let me move in!!!!!!! 10 years well spent!!

steve--- nice and very well done. is all the items origional ww2? and the guns? what are the gun laws in your country?

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifpost-2-0-82042400-1545944020.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Bringing this back up for viewing.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Outstanding displays. I love how you've integrated the scenery into your displays. Adds for a very realistic touch. I hope to do this some time with some my displays. Nice job!

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

I love the way the mannequins are displayed with the trees and signs especially the Bastogne one.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif