Leo Baker Custom Fighting Knife

junkfinder530

junkfinder530

Here are some Photos of a WW2 leo baker knife i recently found. I purchesed this knife from the estate of the original owner, along with the knife i also got all of the original the owners service records, discharge papers, photos, sterling silver ID braclet and more. The Knife is in perfect condition the blade has never had any rust, never been cleaned or repolished, and never been resharpened. The leather on the handle is still soft and it has an amazing custom leather sheath.

leo baker is well known for making high quality knives during WW2 but does anyone know anything about Leo F Baker? I have spent countless hours researching this man and have found nothing but his patent for this knife. The Patent lists Cook County Illinois as his place of residence along with the name Agnes Scanlon Baker. The original owner of my knife is known to have aquired it in cook county but Cook County Online records have no listings for anyone named Leo or Agnes Baker. I am very interested in learning more about this man such as when and where he was born, when he died and if he ever served in the millitary. JLdCds.jpgbaZsrs.jpg

Wow, what a way to make a first impression! That is a gorgeous knife and it is all the nicer for the fact you had the honor of meeting the original owner and obtaining their service records and other militaria.

Tim

junkfinder530

Unfortionatly i never got to meet the owner. I got this from his family. tomarrow i will be in his home town trying to find out more about the original owner from other American Leagion vets who knew him. His name was Harold Love and he served at a POW camp and in the Coastal Artillery from 1941 till 1949

• 5 years later...