A "real" WWII .45 mag pouches list of manufacturers

Fausto

Hi Guys !

After 40 years of collecting .45 magazine pouches (and other things...) I'm still wondering if a "real" and documented list of all WWII U.S. manufacturers could be made. So, no British made ones (anyway a fine field with a lot of variations) or mid Wars J.Q.M.D. etc... Just U.S. manufacturers 1941-1945.

This is the list of what I put together in my collection:

Avery 1942 - 1943

B. B. Inc. 1942 (maker unidentified?)

Boyle 1942

Ero Mfg. Co. 1942 (maker unidentified?)

Hoff Mfg. Co. 1942 (maker unidentified?)

R.M.Co. 1942

S. Froelich Co. 1943

V.B. Co. 1942 (maker unidentified?)

Anyhow some books and other reliable sources usually add to the above list the following manufacturers:

E.O. Inc.

Boyd & Gould

Hepburn Mfg. Co.

Kadin

Well: my question is very simple. Have you ever seen in person or in a picture one of the above manufacturers inprinted on the rear of a .45 magazine pouch? I hope that Sgt.Monroe or Graig or other guys who know what they are speaking about when it turns to magazine pouches, can help.

Thanks!

Fausto

Raygoon Gasbar

Brain cramp on my part, I though you were only asking about the lower 4, of which Kadin 1942 is the only one I have owned. In the "top" group I have had Avery 1942 and 1943 dated pouches, and Boyle 1942. I still own the Boyle Pouch. It's exactly like ThompsonSavage's.

Thanks Guys !

Thanks for your help. And, Raygoon, are you sure that your Kadin 1942 was a .45 magazine pouch? I'm asking that because I have plenty of M1 Carbine pouches made by Kadin but I have never seen one specifically made for the .45 magazines.

And, by the way, in my previous post I called "Graig" the fellow Craig Pickrall (sorry Craig...).

Thanks.

Fausto

Raygoon Gasbar
Thanks Guys !

Thanks for your help. And, Raygoon, are you sure that your Kadin 1942 was a .45 magazine pouch? I'm asking that because I have plenty of M1 Carbine pouches made by Kadin but I have never seen one specifically made for the .45 magazines.

And, by the way, in my previous post I called "Graig" the fellow Craig Pickrall (sorry Craig...).

Thanks.

Fausto

Darn...you might be right. Memory fades after a while, I sold quite a bit of my stuff 5-6 years ago.I had half a dozen nice WW2 .45 mag pouches, and 20 or so carbine pouches, so it just might have been a carbine pouch. I guess I am only 100% sure of the .45 pouches I kept, and unissued 1942 Boyle like ThompsonSavage, and an unissued WW1 1918 dated Mills.

• 10 years later...