Blue Flight Nurses Uniform w/slacks,Ike Style

camelgreen44

Found this a while back at a antique/junk shop. I believe its a WWII Flight Nurses uniform , but really cannot pin it down to that. I have a K-1, and I believe a theatre made K-1 ,but this one eludes me. I cant seen to find a reference on it? The owners name is printed on a sewn tape on the inside of a flap on the waste. The name is really quite comical,to use that expression 'Julia Germ', ! It's made of a very thin blue/grey wool,lined with blue grey satin,really well made.The waist belt has an assortment of buttons and snaps,very spiffy. It came with an assortment of cloth Cadet Nurse patches and the white starched nurses cap,also named to her. I thought that with the renewed interest of K-1's and nurses uniforms it would be a good time to do some posting. Justine, your stuff is just great! enjoyed it ! Any info on this setup is really appreciated. Oh, this Girl was really petite, the waist is TINY ! open for comments???? Denny

post-334-1328371725.jpg

post-334-1328371758.jpg

US Victory Museum

Thank you for posting; however, I must disagree. Your uniform appears to be English made (appearance of the buttons); moreover,

the cut of the flap of the upper blouse pockets does not conform to the L-1 Flight Nurses uniform, but does look like the ARC Clubmobile

doughnut dollies uniform.

Photos to follow.

US Victory Museum

Note the button hole at the end of the lapel. These are Flight Nurse L-1 Uniforms.

Observe the cut of the upper pocket flap.

post-1529-1328375967.jpg

post-1529-1328375983.jpg

I think you nailed it down, Thanks, I'v been trying to ID this for a while. I think its pretty neat , Doughnut Dollies need love too ! Ha. Thanks

• 2 years later...
trinitykitty24

It's funny I did the opposite of what you did, thought I had a clubmobile uniform and I have a flight nurse uniform. Would you ever sell your uniform? Can you message me? It won't let me message people I am new on here and this is the last post I can make today.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hello I was wondering if you still have this uniform and if you do would you ever consider selling it? I am currently helping a museum set up a womens section and we are looking for a uniform such as this. it would be a great addition! thank you for your time and consideration!

Found this a while back at a antique/junk shop. I believe its a WWII Flight Nurses uniform , but really cannot pin it down to that. I have a K-1, and I believe a theatre made K-1 ,but this one eludes me. I cant seen to find a reference on it? The owners name is printed on a sewn tape on the inside of a flap on the waste. The name is really quite comical,to use that expression 'Julia Germ', ! It's made of a very thin blue/grey wool,lined with blue grey satin,really well made.The waist belt has an assortment of buttons and snaps,very spiffy. It came with an assortment of cloth Cadet Nurse patches and the white starched nurses cap,also named to her. I thought that with the renewed interest of K-1's and nurses uniforms it would be a good time to do some posting. Justine, your stuff is just great! enjoyed it ! Any info on this setup is really appreciated. Oh, this Girl was really petite, the waist is TINY ! open for comments???? Denny

• 2 years later...
JoAnntheGreat

Hi, I am a patternmaker and have a great interest in capturing women's WWII uniforms. My customers are Reenactors, film, theater, and TV. I am working an an ARC women's WWII tunic and skirt uniform right now. It is almost finished. The clubmobile uniform would be wonderful to copy. Would you be interested in either selling, renting, or lending this uniform to me? I never harm garments when I copy them and would return it to you in the same condition. Thanks for your consideration. Here is my website http://www.lafnmoon.com

JoAnn