WW2 1st Sergeant chevrons something is not right?

TNFISTER

Got these WW2, ? 1st Sgt Chevrons off ebay with a large patch lot. here is a pic between some of my other chevrons for comparison. the 1st Sgt stripes are wool, green on black or navy..but they seen rather small and have a strange point on top. any ideas? could they be reproducton, they dont react to black light, could they be for females? what do you think?

thanks

post-25162-1328139901.jpg

I wouldn't worry about that one. There were a ton of different companies that made these during the war, and they all did them slightly different. This one is probably a bit further from the regulation than some, but I highly doubt it's a reproduction.

Vance

I wouldn't worry about that one. There were a ton of different companies that made these during the war, and they all did them slightly different. This one is probably a bit further from the regulation than some, but I highly doubt it's a reproduction.

Vance

Vance is right. I've got a lot of chevrons from this era that match the style of that center chevron. They do look kinda funky compared to the others, but just another manufacturers variation. Lots of newer collectors get the idea that everything looked exactly alike, no matter what company made it. There are minor variations in all sorts of insignia then as well as now.

When you look at WW One vintage insignia, you will see LOTS of variation sometimes. Just depends on how close the contractor followed the sealed samples. Some did real well with their quality control, some not so well but seems like Uncle Sam bought the not-so-accurate along with the ones that were "right-on".