Nam camo Special Forces shirt??

sgtdorango

Just picked this shirt up.....not a uniform guy but couldnt resist this one....great soldier art on back of shirt....does anyone recognize this character? Was this a special forces mascot or on a unit patch? Was this a possible navy seal item? Havnt seen many of these with US Navy on front pocket....usually see them with USMC.....tag is faded so cant see any info or date.....has soldiers nickname? EZZY on back too....also has number on inside lower part of shirt 69 ad?? very cool shirt....any info would be apreciated on this as Im a helmet guy!....thanks.....mike

Ummm...... please do not shoot the messenger!

For starters, I cannot imagine anyone in the US Army Special Forces wearing a shirt with US Navy on the pocket. While possible, not likely.

The shirt itself is actually a post Vietnam item. We've had other postings about these on this forum. The signs are the rectangular shaped pockets, the large clothing care label in the collar and the colors used for the camo pattern.

This strikes me as an item made for a paintball team or something similar. It reminds me of the silk screen printing projects we used to do in high school shop class. The artwork itself looks more modern to the current day rather than the Vietnam era.

Sorry, but I don't think this is a military item any longer.