Tiger stripe pattern camo pants

MWalsh

Today I saw a pair of tiger stripe camo pattern pants. They were BDU type. I thought "repro" right away but then did look at the tags just in case, and I then saw that they had the same type tags in them as regular current issue BDU pants, and the one tag had a DSA number with a 2001 date in it.

Were these actually issued? And to whom?

I passed on them thinking they were probably something sold out of US Cavalry, and made to mil specs, as opposed to actually being an issue item.

Am I wrong thinking that?

MW

Today I saw a pair of tiger stripe camo pattern pants. They were BDU type. I thought "repro" right away but then did look at the tags just in case, and I then saw that they had the same type tags in them as regular current issue BDU pants, and the one tag had a DSA number with a 2001 date in it.

Were these actually issued? And to whom?

I passed on them thinking they were probably something sold out of US Cavalry, and made to mil specs, as opposed to actually being an issue item.

Am I wrong thinking that?

MW

You are correct in thinking that! They are not US military issue, despite the labels on them.

CB

Hey Mike,

Sounds like Surplus store stuff.Kinda like the New MarPat stuff you see being made that is milspec but not issue.The New Air Force uniform is real similiar to a Tiger Stripe.Havent seen them on the local level but I understand they are getting them now at basic and have seen them in the news from Bagram Afghanistan.

RON

Thanks for the posts on this gents. They are the green Vietnam look tiger stripes, the pants were stained a bit and well worn, thus my not grabbing them right away.

I've seen the Air Force tigers in Fayettenam when I was there in Oct, $70/set or something like that.