1st inf officer khaki uniform

blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd

Hello guys I need some help finding the officer of my new officer uniform. Its a 1st LT rank 1st infantry patched khaki officer uniform ww2 style. It is named and has some of his service number also but I can't find anything and I need some help. Its marked "S.Brink 50458" on the inside of the jacket. The uniform tag says Brooks Uniform Comp 75 west 45th street New York. Im sorry I can't post any pics I have been useing my smartphone my laptop has a virus. But if anyone would like to post pics of it pm me your email and I will send you some pics you can post. Also the uniform has medical collar brass on it so the guy I thought would be easy to find but I was wrong. So any help you can give me I will be thankful. Mainly I just want to know if its but together rite and if im missing anything and what medal bars should be on it.

blitzkrieg gsd

If anybody has a suggestion on were to look for this officer that would ne great also. Any web sites or anything that would help me find his guy would ne great.

If anybody has a suggestion on were to look for this officer that would ne great also. Any web sites or anything that would help me find his guy would ne great.

As for the ID of this officer,of the 1st Infantry Division you can do a cursory check by yourself on line just by trying to find WWII rosters of the Infantry Regiments of the 1st Infantry Division, these will be the 16th, 18th , and 26th Infantry Regiments, some times you get lucky and spot one by googling not just these units but any unit, while not all have them some do, now all this is of course is contigent on this officer being in the 1st Division during WWII, as this type of Khaki uniform was worn throughout WWII but also throughout the rest of the 40s up till the mid to late 60s, 1968 I believe. you will no doubt get so other replies from other members who will post Mititary records they found in regards to WWII veterans and this is helpful, by at least showing that the man indeed serve in the period of the Second World War, but does not show units or for that matter awards.

On that 1st Infantry patch, It is a good thing if you can remember that as you say 1st Infantry, will always mean the 1st Infantry Regiment, or simply and more commonly 1st Infantry, this term is not used only by collecters and U.S. military historians but is was the official term used by the Army since the 19th Century up till the late 1950s. The Divisions on the other hand are referred to as Infantry Division as in 1st Infantry Division, or simply 1st Division, the later is not the official term for these units but is more of a for lack of a better word, a colloquialism, or maybe an informal term, and is used interchangably by collectors and historians alike, as well as within the Army itself, such as one GI saying to another, "HEY ! you look familar, where you in the 1st Division in Germany, back in 61 ? " or even between officers, "Good news General, our troubles are over, the DA is sending out your old alma mater, the 9th Division as soon as its trained, it may be going down to the Delta I think, shall we make it diffenate sir ? " ( A real remark made by a high ranking staff officer to General Westmoreland in 1966), in each case, Division will mean Infantry Division.

blitzkrieg gsd

Your rite Patches it is a 1st infantry division patch on the uniform. And finding out if he was in during ww2 iis one of the thing I want to know. The uniform itself has no dates in it but the patch is a cut edge no glow. I know that don't mean its a pre 45 uniform but It does make me think it. And I could be wrong about it for sure. I have done the google search on his name and number with no luck. Like I said its got medical collar brass so I thought that mite make it easyer but still no luck. I will take a look and see if I can find some rosters for the units you mentioned above and see what I can get. If anyone else has any ideas I am all ears. Its a cool uniform and I would like to restore it back to its glory if I can find out some info on the owner. Is there anyway besides finding the owners info to come up with a time period?

Your rite Patches it is a 1st infantry division patch on the uniform. And finding out if he was in during ww2 iis one of the thing I want to know. The uniform itself has no dates in it but the patch is a cut edge no glow. I know that don't mean its a pre 45 uniform but It does make me think it. And I could be wrong about it for sure. I have done the google search on his name and number with no luck. Like I said its got medical collar brass so I thought that mite make it easyer but still no luck. I will take a look and see if I can find some rosters for the units you mentioned above and see what I can get. If anyone else has any ideas I am all ears. Its a cool uniform and I would like to restore it back to its glory if I can find out some info on the owner. Is there anyway besides finding the owners info to come up with a time period?

Oh, Im sorry you did'nt mention it has Medical Corps Branch badges, while this does help, it still makes it tough, he may have been in the Divisional Medical company or as a Medical officer in one of the Infantry, artillery, and the Engineer Battalion, or attached units.

check this out, this will at least give you a look into the history of the Divsion with the units assigned during its history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Infantry_...(United_States)

blitzkrieg gsd

Thanks Patches for the help I checked out the link it did have some good info. I have a soft spot for the 1st inf div my grandfather spent some time with them in ww2. He was a medic so the officer uniform kind of spoke to me you know how it is. But I would love to get a id on this officer uniform just to make sure its put together rite. But im not having any luck finding anything on S Brink. Thanks for your help and effort if you can think of anything else let me know.