Interesting patches

Spike

Got this yesterday at a thrift store. For some reason the patches caught my eye and when I saw the Cadillac Gauge patch I'd grab it just for this patch. Cadillac Gauge manufactured Stoner machine guns during the Vietnam war. Other than the CG patch, do any of these other patches mean anything to anyone?

post-532-1327876895.jpg

post-532-1327877613.jpg

Johnny Signor

There used to by one of thier factories just up the road from where I used to live some years ago, I used to see them out side in various forms of completion and paint jobs and set ups .

This was in Cocoa, Florida area .

Johnny

Doesn't Cadillac Gage also make those cute little armored cars in use by foreign armies and local police departments?

Yep. They have been used by a ton of different armies around the world. They were encountered by US forces during the Just Cause (Panama) being used by the Panamanian Defense Forces.

Doesn't Cadillac Gage also make those cute little armored cars in use by foreign armies and local police departments?

They also make the M1117 ASV that we use now in Iraq and Afganistan.

Some of these limited-edition, manufacturers' promotional patches are quite collectable in their own right, particularly the ones with an aviation connection. I once had a flight suit with a bunch of various Lockheed patches on it, presumably worn by someone involved with the test/development program of the weapons system in question? Perhaps the original owner of your jacket had links with Cadillac-Gage?