ww1 82nd uniform

brad k

I got this on ebay last summer, it was very expensive but it's got about everything you could ask for, nice div. patch, wound stripe, numbered disc., cross stiched patches, named items in the pocket and it's a 1918 model (no patch pockets). I haven't done any research on the guy yet.

post-195-1327861933.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
WOW. Nice SSI and jacket. Can I ask how much you paid?

$390.00 total with shipping, they put the collar disc's (HQ 320th FA) on the following week so I had to compete for those too. The other stuff in the pockets wasn't mentioned so that was a good surprise since I didn't know it was id'ed when I bought it. (also has pants)

That is a great looking uniform! The model 1918 uniform is pretty rare to be actually used in WWI. Within the last year I saw two of them (one at a show and one at a antique shop) and neither had a patch, and I think the 82nd is one of the nicest designed patch. Congratulations.

Can only echo what others have siad, what a beautiful uniform! :thumbsup: The patch is gorgeous and its an overall hard to find set up. This would be one nice representitive piece for WW1.

Philip ;)

brad,

Great 82nd uniform IDed as well and about the right price these days for an identified uniform with a much sought after patch, look forward to lsee what you find out about the veteran.

Regards,

John

My father was the signal officer for the 320th HQ in WW1. He was wounded Nov. 4, 1918. The commander of the 320 was Col. Williams, who I met when I was a kid. I have the 320th unit history, but I do not believe any enlisted men were named. My father took all the pictures in the U/H in the winter of 1918/1919, and wrote one of the chapters. If the name is in there, I will let you know. Great patch, by the way. I have everything my father had in the war including his painted trunk, uniform, pictures etc. His patches were a more standard "rope" border type. Dave