The Forties Experience Museum

ArchangelDM

Hi All

well just been to an amazing museum here in England called the Forties Experience, it was a base used here in the UK by the US Army and Airforce as a command Center. The base is now set up as a museum with reenactors, and is open to view the areas in which the American and British Army set up there bases for Command in WW2. The museum and its workers are open to the public every last Sunday of the Month. All Museum workers and Reenactors are Volunteers and all money goes towards childrens charitys here in the UK. I have been asked to join and will be a US Marine, showing people areound the museum and welcoming excited tourists.

All throughout the Summer the group of volunteers do reenactments for the public and do battles between the US Army and Germany. The people that run this charity are also long time collectors and airsoft inthusiasts so im going to be involved in a huge amount of activities.

Here is some photos i took today, i will be posting photos of me with my comrades in a few weeks time when i start.

Details:

The Forties Experience

The Lincolnsfields Centre

Bushey Hall Drive

wd23 2es

01923 233841

Thanks

Dean

post-8861-1327853483.jpg

Hi All

well just been to an amazing museum here in England called the Forties Experience, it was a base used here in the UK by the US Army and Airforce as a command Center. The base is now set up as a museum with reenactors, and is open to view the areas in which the American and British Army set up there bases for Command in WW2. The museum and its workers are open to the public every last Sunday of the Month. All Museum workers and Reenactors are Volunteers and all money goes towards childrens charitys here in the UK. I have been asked to join and will be a US Marine, showing people areound the museum and welcoming excited tourists.

All throughout the Summer the group of volunteers do reenactments for the public and do battles between the US Army and Germany. The people that run this charity are also long time collectors and airsoft inthusiasts so im going to be involved in a huge amount of activities.

Here is some photos i took today, i will be posting photos of me with my comrades in a few weeks time when i start.

Details:

The Forties Experience

The Lincolnsfields Centre

Bushey Hall Drive

wd23 2es

01923 233841

Thanks

Dean

post-8861-1327853629.jpg

Johan Willaert

When you go back, please turn the US Flag around as the blue shield with stars should always be in the upper left corner, no matter how you display the flag, horizontally or vertically...

When you go back, please turn the US Flag around as the blue shield with stars should always be in the upper left corner, no matter how you display the flag, horizontally or vertically...

Consider it done :) When i start there i will turn it around :thumbsup:

Congrats on joining the team! It looks like the museum is off to a great start and with volunteers like you, I'm sure it's going to be even better!

Consider it done :) When i start there i will turn it around :thumbsup:
You also might want to remove that Air Force Association flag from the same scene (at the bottom of the photo). That group didn’t exist until 1946.

I'd enjoy being able to visit that museum, very much.

The artifacts in these glass cases need to be gotten away from window light of any kind. They absolutely WILL fade, very quickly.

post-3976-1328009218.jpg

I'd enjoy being able to visit that museum, very much.

The artifacts in these glass cases need to be gotten away from window light of any kind. They absolutely WILL fade, very quickly.

Thanks guys im going to be helping out in many ways, first is the flag then i will start to help to move the glass cabinets away from the window, ill be taking pics of all of my work there. So any tips would be great

:thumbsup: