WWII 1st Infantry Division "Big Red One" Combat History

higley_1985

Just picked up an awesome collection from the sale of a 1st Infantry Division veteran's estate. Among the coolest items I got was a large collection of maps, which included a dated battle map of Omaha Beach with the vet's wartime inscriptions. The map collection also includes Liege, Belgium and Remagen, Germany--both of which were spearheaded by the 1st. I also bought a good number of Nazi publications related to the Wetzlar, Germany area and was wondering if anyone had specific combat information regarding the 1st's entry into Wetzlar. I'm really excited about this set!

Just picked up an awesome collection from the sale of a 1st Infantry Division veteran's estate. Among the coolest items I got was a large collection of maps, which included a dated battle map of Omaha Beach with the vet's wartime inscriptions. The map collection also includes Liege, Belgium and Remagen, Germany--both of which were spearheaded by the 1st. I also bought a good number of Nazi publications related to the Wetzlar, Germany area and was wondering if anyone had specific combat information regarding the 1st's entry into Wetzlar. I'm really excited about this set!

Hi

Well first I go to this site: www.wikipedia.org and punch in a word to help me find out what I want to know about any military out fit i want to know about and 9 out of 10 this has it even medals, maps,guns,patches, just about anything. try it and let me know how it works for you...