My WW2 war room

sgtbarnes44

amazing collection! :thumbsup: One of the best displays I've seen. The best part is that you can see everything and enjoy it all instead of keeping it in boxes. I love the optics collection. Did you build the K-Bar stands?

The knives displays were built with left over plywood parts and bits. It takes about 5 minutes to make one.

Cordially.

JC

The first of my DUI displays. Infantry regiments of the Infantry divisions that were involved in the June-August 1944 Normandy campaign.

All crest are WW2 made apart of the 119th infantry that is still a pinbacked early Dondero marked crest.

post-647-1330538510.jpg

Nice DIs - I particularly like the display method!

The first of my DUI displays. Infantry regiments of the Infantry divisions that were involved in the June-August 1944 Normandy campaign.

All crest are WW2 made apart of the 119th infantry that is still a pinbacked early Dondero marked crest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
eaglerunner88

One of the many perks of living so close to the European battlefields of 70 years ago! I had the pleasure to be in Normandy, southern France and Belgium for the respective 70th anniversaries and to see that relics are still being found in those areas is incredible. How common is it today to still find items in the ground/barns over there? Great organized display and use of those acrylic helmet stands!

• 6 years later...
Johnny Signor
On 2/9/2012 at 12:01 PM, sgtbarnes44 said:

A small army air force display. Insignia painted on that M5 is not yet formally identified, but could be a B24 anti-submarine naval squadron operating in northern ETO late 1944.

post-647-1328806746.jpg

Can you please post an image of the M-5 in this image that shows the insignia in full , thanks :)