USS Little Rock CG-4, the last WW2 light cruiser

MattS

It's been over 3 years since I was last onboard Little Rock (I was nowhere near Buffalo, but that didn't stop me from visiting). I was very impressed and the size difference between the destroyer USS The Sullivans (left) and a light cruiser was astounding. Coming out of the cramped tin can and into the rear missile room of the cruiser was an eye opener! If anyone has recent photos, please post them!

post-32676-1327596118.jpg

looks like a great place to visit! A 3-for-1 deal. Bet a person could spend a full day touring those vessels.

Is access pretty good throughout all three?

thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Terry

As I recall, you board the Sullivans, exit it onto the stern of the Little Rock, and exit the Little Rock onto the Croaker. There is plenty to see on all 3 ships and many of the spaces are open!

VirtualMariner

Great photos! Any ropes you may have stepped over were well worth the effort. They didn't throw you in the brig, so obviously no harm was done.

I understand that place is trying to get the ex-USS Ticonderoga (CG-47) for their displays. She's been set aside to be held as a museum ship awaiting funding.

Here's the last guy who jumped the ropes and ended up in the brig.

Let the Marines give him a haircut and a shave - he's totally unsat with all that hair.