Sign in to follow this  
Constabulary

M-1906 Bandoleer vs. M1 Bandoleer

I wonder how to tell the difference between an M-1906 bandoleer and M1 bandoleer when they are unmarked and do not have the long or short cardboard sleeves and the paper tag inside. Is there a technical difference or can I tell them only by the shade of fabric they where made of which I doubt since there are may shades of "khaki". :think:

Save Your Butt - Wear A Helmet

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif

WW1 era bandoleers I have are thick cottton twill with whitish coating on inside, exterior iis uncoated, Stencilled lot number only with no manufacturers info. Cardboard inserts, and a card stock data card with lot# and mnmanufaturrer in one of the pockets. WW2 bandollers lack the coating material and material is plain (nonTwill) OD cotton sheeting. S McG

hm - okay... :think:
For explanation, I got in a big bunch of nice bandoleers - all with cardboards inside. Three of them have the long cardboards and two of these have the paper tag inside. The 3 mentioned also seem to be a bit longer than the others (about 3/4"). So could these be M-1906 bandoleers? I´m just not sure...

another question.

Were the M-1906 Bandoleers only for the M-1903 Rifle 5rd clips or were they also supplied with 8rd M1 Garand clips?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.