CMU-30/P22P-15 Survival Vest

mohawkALSE

Here are two examples of the type of open-ended contracts that Ultimate Survival has with the US Air Force:

post-129049-0-53695500-1377881859.png

post-129049-0-90961200-1377881884.png

As you can see these types of IDIQ contracts allow DOD to buy what ever they need under one contract.

I will do a little more fact checking but here's what your info looks like to me.

First contract was for the United States Air Force Europe. They may have purchased these vests for some specific unit there that wanted to try them. The second contract was for the Arkansas Air National Guard specifically. Your contract number I'm thinking is a GSA contract number not a USAF contract number. Also this company might make other flight related gear that was being purchased other then survival vests. So I am still standing by my belief these were unit purchases not an Air Force wide issued vests. So as a collector these still would be collectable to you as they were used by some units but I still don't believe these were an Air Force wide issue like the SRU 21P. They were an alternate item purchased thru the GSA or commercially. I think that is basically what you are saying. If I find out otherwise I will share the info.....

Survival, the website that I found these two tables in had a total of 7 tables. The company is continuing to make money from these contracts.

I agree that this survival vest was not an Air Force wide issued vest.

My point was that the company Ultimate Survival was given an "open ended" purchase order of "indefinite delivery - indefinite quantity" type. That allows the Air Force to get what ever they need from this company without the typical problems associated with a standard DOD (FAR controlled) contract.

This vest meets the Mil Spec for the SRU-21/P survival vest. And this vest has been issued to US Air Force Fighter Pilots and SAR Airmen around the world.

From what I have been able to determine - this vest was first available in 2010.