Army & Navy Union Membership badge

KevinBeyer

• 1 year later...

Kevin thank you for looking and your comments. It look all original from the ribbon to the medals. This is the only one I have seen and I had to have it. Did they ever make newer/recent copies?

4starchris

Kevin. I went on blind faith description from the website having never seen one. Do you have one in your collection you can post. I saw one this thread an all Gold one in an earlier post.

Do you know what the RA&NUUS stand for? I would assume the A-is Army. N is Navy and M is Marine in the center medallion?

Any more information would be helpful.

4starchris

4starchris,

RA&NUUS stands for the Regular Army & Navy Union of the United States. This organization was named that on November 11, 1891 and then again changed to the Army and Navy Union of the United States on May 11, 1894. Presuming the badge is original (and there doesn't appear to be any reason why it shouldn't be) then this badge was only used for less than a four year period in the early 1890's.

The medal posted previously by Adam R showed a presentation medal for this organization similarly named to your badge and was inscribed with a date of 1892. So, both badges are on the order of 125 years old. Both are extremely nice.

Unfortunately for me, I do not have any of these earliest of versions of the Army & Navy Union badges.

Kevin

• 3 years later...

Came across this little gem the other day.  It is an Army & Navy Union Auxiliary Past President presentation pin for 1967-1969.   It is just short of 2" from top to bottom.  There is no maker's mark, nor is there a stamp for gold content.  There is machine engraving on the reverse.

ArmyAndNavyUnionAuxiliary_PastPresident_obverse_1000.jpg

• 6 months later...
menelder1941

There are at least 3 ribbons used for this Medal, 1 with the green stripe is the KS. N.G. Service Medal-Sty.B-20 Year, the other 2 are Wolf-Brown #'s 4014 and 5500, see charts at-http://www.frontiernet.net/~ericbush/US/Wbchart.htm.

The difference with the WB ones are different shade of Orange and the center white stripes are different widths.

Eric

Just in case that link should cease to exist in the future, here are the images menelder1941 references:WolfBrown5.gif

WolfBrown8.gif

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Here is what I think is a Rank Strap for an Army and Navy Union of the United States of America Membership Medal or Badge.  This was the suspension bar for the medal.  The white background enamel indicates a current serving officer.  The silver eagle indicates the office of Department Commander or Senior Vice Department Commander.  It measures about 1/2 inch high by 1 9/16 inches wide. 

Rank Strap for an Army and Navy Union of the United States of America Membership Medal

Medal - ANUUS 01.JPG

Medal - ANUUS 02.JPG