Helmet of Lt Col George J Grant O-319613

king802

Very nice ID'd helmet! It adds a human element to a lid when you know who wore it. Do you have pictures of Grant to go along with this?

Man, that's a good looking helmet. A named Lt. Col. with welded insignia is definitely going to be my next big purchase.

Thanks for sharing! thumbsup.gif

Adam

• 1 year later...

Thought i would resurect this one from the past - couldn't get any more info on this one.

Lt Col Grant came from PA i think (all my collection is in storage at the moment so cant check)

Anyone know of any more leads where to look. I would love to indentify his unit.

Rich

• 1 year later...

Thought i'd bring this up again in the hope that somebody on the forum would be able to find some info on Lt Col Grant. The records office drew a blank. Anyone know if he comes up on the online Officers rosters ? I did try looking but it was far too complicated for me :crying:

Any ideas on where i can try as i would love to establish what unit he served me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Rich

Squad leader
With the information that you have, you should be able to request his records from St. Louis. But does NARA mail overseas?

Yes, NARA mails overseas.

I requested several soldiers records from St-Louis in the next past months and I have received the "Fire" letter...

Dan.

• 8 months later...

After many dead ends I finally stubbled across a newspaper article and obituary for George J Grant. He was a career soldier who enlisted before the war. He was Ordance Officer for General George Patton and Commander of the 320th Ordance Bn.

The 320th served in Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland and Central Europe. I also have a few leads to follow up on.

Surprising what you can find by playing around with Google.

Richard

Yes, NARA mails overseas.

I requested several soldiers records from St-Louis in the next past months and I have received the "Fire" letter...

Dan.

I can confirm, unfortunately received the fire letter as well and a partial record :crying:

But they do mail overseas :thumbsup:

I can confirm, unfortunately received the fire letter as well and a partial record :crying:

But they do mail overseas :thumbsup:

When i first approached St Louis back in 2007 i got told the records were lost in the fire. All they did manage to find was his separation file when he left the Service at Fort Bragg. 2nd Army, 4th Service Command.

Rich

• 2 years later...

If anyone that was involved with this post is still looking for information on Ltc George J Grant I am his son and would be interested in speaking to you. I accidentally stumbled on this site and would like to know how you acquired my fathers helmet. Alex

Rich, I found some pictures of my father and info on his service during the war. I would send it but can't due to file being too big for this forum. Alex