"Frame Those Wings, Sister!"

Gregory

Very cool! Just thinkof how hard this would have been to enforce and then all the problems it would cause on the home front.

Cheers

John

This is pure 1940's... tongue in cheek satire on the one hand, while authoritarian on the other. It's like the author felt he or she had to give the official line about fines and penalties, and yet they felt obligated that mom's, sweethearts, and wives were doing it all over the country. A nice example about how people were so conflicted about social conventions back then. Like "Hey, that's illegal... but then again, there's a war on, so go right ahead!"

My Mom wore a 2" set of AAF Navigators wings on a sailors white hat. Her oldest brother was an enlisted man in the Navy, and another brother was an officer in the AAF. This sort of thing was pretty popular when she was in high school during WWII. I now have those 2" Navigator wings as part of my late uncles grouping.

To be fair, they kind of are frat pins... (Artillery officer now ducks to avoid objects thrown by aviators.)

I dunno, about Army insignia and such but my Eagle Globe and Anchor devices are no frat pins. :pinch:

To be fair, they kind of are frat pins... (Artillery officer now ducks to avoid objects thrown by aviators.)

Neidermeyer: Redo those buttons! Dress that belt buckle! Straighten that cap! And goddamn it, tuck in those pajamas! Attention! Eyes front! What's that on your chest, mister?

Kent: It's a pledge pin, sir.

Neidermeyer: A pledge pin! On your uniform?!

:lol2: