63 poncho liner 1918 pistol belt

lamarhooten

Found these and afew more items at the local Goodwills and the like stores the last 2 weeks around these parts. Can't belive they never made it to the Goodwill auction site! Ponco liner is in great shape with afew minor snags , no holes! Belive that this pattern/color was first used by the Advisors/SF types in VN. Have had a solid green one before, but no tag. Earliest one i have had! Pistol belt is great shape with only just a trace of 'the green' starting to show on the metal bits!

post-3643-1326770868.jpg

The poncho liner is a reproduction I believe. Im pretty sure that poncho liners were solid green before the ERDL ones were issued and the tags were either white or OD.Yours looks brown? It's pretty neat looking though

The poncho liner is a reproduction I believe. Im pretty sure that poncho liners were solid green before the ERDL ones were issued and the tags were either white or OD.Yours looks brown? It's pretty neat looking though

That's not ERDL pattern. It looks good to me.

That's not ERDL pattern. It looks good to me.

Thanks for the positive vote! Just did another search on the forum and found more info about this style. Guess was right and might not be to easy to find! :w00t:

Ugh that poncho liner is very very hard to come by in that good of shape...why cant I find that at my Goodwill? Great finds :thumbsup:

So that thing is real? :o I swear I learn something new everyday around here! Id like to know the history of that liner! It looks like parachute camo

So that thing is real? :o I swear I learn something new everyday around here! Id like to know the history of that liner! It looks like parachute camo

Yep, these first, then the plain green, and then the ERDL ones. I have a really well used plain green ones, but would kill for this one. I'm just glad a collector got it instead of some kid for mom to cut up into a halloween costume.

Yep, these first, then the plain green, and then the ERDL ones. I have a really well used plain green ones, but would kill for this one. I'm just glad a collector got it instead of some kid for mom to cut up into a halloween costume.

That thing looks mint too! Lucky!!!