M1907 First aid pouch--original or reproduction?

El Bibliotecario

El Bibliotecario

I've had a M1907 (?) first aid pouch (see photos) in my junk for so long I can't recall where I obtained it--I imagine it was something I picked up at a gun show for a few dollars. It was before such items became valuable enough to replicate, so I've assumed this one is original. But when I examine it closely I wonder. I can find no indication of manufacturer, or any other markings. I would appreciate opinions from the resident web gear gurus.

post-2215-1326666593.jpg

The hooks look like USMC gear just MHO. Look inside the pouch body some are stamped inthere.

Bob

El Bibliotecario

I turned my pouch wrongside out and found no markings. I read the very interesting reference about hospital corps equipment, which referred to such pouchs as being bigger than the standard first aid pouch. My pouch has the same dimensions as a WW2 first aid pouch.

Thanks for the comments.

• 8 years later...
NorwichCadet

I just posted on this in "Help ID". US WWI MODEL 1910 DIAGNOSTIC TAG BOOKLET POUCH . Similar in style to the Model 1910 First Aid Packet Pouch, but larger , 6 1/8"x 3 3/4". These were issued with the Officers and Enlisted mens Medical Belts for carrying triage tags used to identify the needs of the wounded soldiers."

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG