Atomic Bomb Game

Brian Keith

WOW, talk about "politically incorrect!" :rolleyes: Can you imagine the uproar kids playing with an item like that would cause today? Truly a neat piece from a different time. Thanks for sharing.

I remember seeing another politically incorrect reference about 20 years ago in Korea.

They were selling T-shirts that had a mushroom cloud over the map of Japan.

Underneath it said: "Made in America, Tested in Japan!"

Once again, these things wouldn't fly in today's world, nor should they, but neat to see anyway...

I remember seeing another politically incorrect reference about 20 years ago in Korea.

They were selling T-shirts that had a mushroom cloud over the map of Japan.

Underneath it said: "Made in America, Tested in Japan!"

Once again, these things wouldn't fly in today's world, nor should they, but neat to see anyway...

Our official liberty brief about how to avoid being the 'Ugly American' in foreign countries still mentions this shirt!

I hold that true history is never "Politically Incorrect" it is just that, "history". This little game is not "Politically Incorrect" is just history. The US dropped an atomic bomb on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki, this children's game commemorates that fact. I have had the honor to meet several of those who worked directly to develop and deliver the atomic payloads to Japan to END THE WAR. I have met MANY-MANY more who lived past VJ-Day because of the "Bomb"; including Japanese. I'm glad you enjoyed this little slice of late, 1945 or early 1946 history. But don't try to tell me it is "Politically Incorrect" it is just histroy.

BKW

I hold that true history is never "Politically Incorrect" it is just that, "history". This little game is not "Politically Incorrect" is just history. The US dropped an atomic bomb on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki, this children's game commemorates that fact. I have had the honor to meet several of those who worked directly to develop and deliver the atomic payloads to Japan to END THE WAR. I have met MANY-MANY more who lived past VJ-Day because of the "Bomb"; including Japanese. I'm glad you enjoyed this little slice of late, 1945 or early 1946 history. But don't try to tell me it is "Politically Incorrect" it is just histroy.

BKW

he was stating that by modern standards it would be considered by society as politically incorrect. And it would, because modern society is all about not accidentally offending people, unfortunately

I just reread my previous post and I realize that I was pretty high up on my soap box, and I'm sure it reads a lot harsher than I actually intended. I want to apologize if my late night comments rubbed any one the wrong way. In a face to face conversation, it would not have been like that.

I'll try to keep my soap box under the computer desk, you know behind all those darn cords, so I have to work really hard to get it out and stand on it.

I do realize what you folks were saying about it being judged by today’s standards.

Thanks Brig for pointing that out.

BKW

you want politically incorrect?

peter jackson is making the WW2 movie "the dambusters" and over here there was a big stink kicked up about, Wing Commander Guy Gibson's dogs name, the dogs name was also used as a code word for if the mission was succsessful, many people i wish i didnt have to share O2 with wanted to change it to something like rover, i want them to sit down and shut up, im all for history, most people today dont know much in the way of history and movies is the closest they get so why fill them with false information.

this really got to me, the people who commented at the bottom of the page sum it up quite nicely

heres a link to the article

It is not a question of history, what happened, happened and it cannot and should not be changed or hidden. Some people now think that if they don't like what happened it should be swept under the rug and not talked about which is wrong. The question with this game is the fact that 80,000 plus people died and should that fact be made light of. Weather you agree with the bomb or not should not enter into it, do you want to teach children that this was something that was fun. It is one thing for an adult to make jokes about something like this, he understands the gravity of the situation and that a joke is just a joke or at least I hope he dose and certainly should. A child just sees the whole thing as fun and games and dose not really understand what happened and should not have to at such a young age. It is not a question of political correctness but rather just good taste and common sense. OK, now I will put my soap box back under my my desk and get back to some of the foolishness on e-Bay.

i was watching the history channel the other day as you do and it was about bombing japan, in it they stated that more people were killed in one night by firebombing tokyo (i think it was) then by the first atomic bomb droped, i find it weird how people debate wheather on not the atomic bombs should have been droped but dont say anything about the firebombing.

BTW my position is: no where near a soap box, just thoughts that feel of my head my head

OK, I’ll try to describe this game, since I posted it.

The size is only about three inches by about five inches by about one inch thick. It is made of cardboard with a glass top. The surface has two depressions in it, where Hiroshima and Nagasaki are located on the map of Japan. The “bomb” is the capsule shaped thing near the “Atomic Bomb” design. The “bomb” has a small BB type thing in it so it moves the capsule in an odd way as you tilt the puzzle in different directions. The object of the game is to get the capsule shaped “bomb” into the depressions of either Hiroshima and/or Nagasaki. Does that make any sense?

BKW

you want politically incorrect?

peter jackson is making the WW2 movie "the dambusters" and over here there was a big stink kicked up about, Wing Commander Guy Gibson's dogs name, the dogs name was also used as a code word for if the mission was succsessful, many people i wish i didnt have to share O2 with wanted to change it to something like rover, i want them to sit down and shut up, im all for history, most people today dont know much in the way of history and movies is the closest they get so why fill them with false information.

this really got to me, the people who commented at the bottom of the page sum it up quite nicely

heres a link to the article

What about re-naming the dog Snowhite ?

It will upset PC people and make those who know the story laugh ! devil.gif

• 5 years later...

Great game-love the graphics. Re:Dambusters-I watched this film for the first time not too long ago-nearly fell of the sofa when I heard him call his dog.......