• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

.50 Blue M858 & M856 rounds.

Hello all! I have a ton of these I got in a bag in a trunk of stuff. I have no idea what these are for. I have several that are linked, and a bunch more in the bag with enough links to put them all together. The bottoms have a "BF" then 180 degrees from that is a "91", or a "16"... depending how you hold it... :rolleyes: any info helps! Thanks

post-41805-1326490057.jpg

Always Jeepin'

'42 GPW "The Big Moose"

Interested in USMC items WW2-Vietnam and WW2 USAAF items.

I have some links of 20mm ammo like this. My brother works on distroyers for the navy, and he said the 20mm guns were filled with this dummy ammo when they were delivered. He said on sea trials they would take out the dummy stuff and load it with live ammo for the tests.

I'll try to get a pic up later today.

RIP Private Lester H. Scheaffer, 1913 - 1944. 29th Infantry Division, 175th Infantry Regiment, Company F. Killed In Action September 12th, 1944 in France

RIP Sergeant Elwood F. Schaeffer, 1919 - 2001. 21st Engineer Regiment (Aviation) and 824th Engineer Aviation Battalion, attached to the Army Air Force in Iceland

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

What you have is plastic training ammunition for a .50 cal machine gun. This stuff is cheaper to make than real rounds, they are very much live. When fired, the bullet portion breaks away from the neck and becomes a projectile and the rest of the blue plastic case is ejected like regular brass. The red tipped ones are tracers.

Just so you know, that is live ammunition and not dummy, it will fire through a gun and most definitely kill someone. There are other calibers, but I think 7.62 and .50 are the primary ones. Not rare, but not common in the open market either.

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

What you have is plastic training ammunition for a .50 cal machine gun. This stuff is cheaper to make than real rounds, they are very much live. When fired, the bullet portion breaks away from the neck and becomes a projectile and the rest of the blue plastic case is ejected like regular brass. The red tipped ones are tracers.

Just so you know, that is live ammunition and not dummy, it will fire through a gun and most definitely kill someone. There are other calibers, but I think 7.62 and .50 are the primary ones. Not rare, but not common in the open market either.

Thanks for the info!! I had a hunch, but wasn't sure on them being live. In fact, I thought in now way are these live being all plastic. Learned something new. Is there a market for these out there? And about a price per round? Thanks again!

Always Jeepin'

'42 GPW "The Big Moose"

Interested in USMC items WW2-Vietnam and WW2 USAAF items.

WOW, I'm surprised!

Jack, not sure how far east you are, but Az is a great place for this kinda stuff. :thumbsup:

Now if someone were to burn down a national forest due to tracer ignition then that would be a crime, same as lighting a match or leaving a campfire unattended,

donation2012.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.