more unknown patches

roadrunner

Johnny Signor

The "FAWTULANT" stands for Fighter All Weather Training Unit Atlantic, even though it's a repro , it is an actual unit patch.

Johnny

Too bad someone can't put this "person" out of business, he sells em "cheap" but he still should be stopped as he "Misleads" people into thinking this is "Genuine" items and they're not .

The "MABS" is a Marine Air Base Squadron.

Sorry

I send them from my notebook and there must be a problem at uploading.

Here is the front

Michael

post-8324-1326530298.jpg

Too bad someone can't put this "person" out of business, he sells em "cheap" but he still should be stopped as he "Misleads" people into thinking this is "Genuine" items and they're not .

Not that I disagree with you, but that describes about a dozen different dealers on eBay at any given time.

What I do not understand is how they stay in business. I buy examples from these vendors for my "gallery of fakes". And I can understand a certain level of sales to people who just want an example of the design no matter how old it actually is (vets for example). But you see hundreds of these patches being sold weekly on eBay. Who is buying them, and what do they think they are really buying?

TrenchfootJoe66
Not that I disagree with you, but that describes about a dozen different dealers on eBay at any given time.

What I do not understand is how they stay in business. I buy examples from these vendors for my "gallery of fakes". And I can understand a certain level of sales to people who just want an example of the design no matter how old it actually is (vets for example). But you see hundreds of these patches being sold weekly on eBay. Who is buying them, and what do they think they are really buying?

I would venture to guess that there are a fair amount of guys like you and me that will purchase repro's knowing full well what we are getting into. More than we might assume . Add to that the folks that buy them to resell as "original theatre made patches" and then pile om the poor suckers who dont know any better and you have it. Id like to know how many purchases are made by non-US types ? Could it be that alot of foreigners are buying, being less familiar with US oriented militaria? I still feel that ALOT of those sales are to guys who know that they are fake. I could be totally off base though.