"Modified" Ballistic CVC

lewis505

Posted these pics elsewhere on the forum in response to a similar helmet someone picked up-

Being the 1SG of a Stryker Infantry does have its advantages! CVC was given to me when we returned from Iraq last year, as it was found "unsecured" in the Motor Pool. Completely forgot about it until we started transitioning to Strykers & the same CVCs are used by the Driver and Vehicle Commander (I have a Peltor headset that I usually use w/ the ACH in the Stryker). Got it checked out & still in working condition, and since I always wanted to be an X-Wing pilot (ummm...who doesn't?!?), I had my lovely bride paint the markings you see here...

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

-Chris-

Sweet work. Wish I still had all the painted CVC's I had over the years. And of course, the ones that were secured when found!

It used to be that the Army had no specific regulations regarding the painting (personalizing) of CVC helmets. Back in the 90's when I checked with some officers at the Armor School the general consensus was that as long as it wasn't offensive it was pretty much up to the unit CO whether to allow the practice or not, is this still the case ?

Larry

It used to be that the Army had no specific regulations regarding the painting (personalizing) of CVC helmets. Back in the 90's when I checked with some officers at the Armor School the general consensus was that as long as it wasn't offensive it was pretty much up to the unit CO whether to allow the practice or not, is this still the case ?

Larry

Yeah pretty much - as long as it doesn't go off the deep end LOL!