Latest Antique Store Finds

easystreet

Gents,

Picked up this group of patches at an antique store Thursday. Looking for opinions on some of these.

The CPO rank patch looks good. 1943 date on the back.

The USMC Antiaircraft patch also looks good. Twill with the "cheese cloth" backing.

The CBI patch looks neat. Can't quite read the markings on the back. I think it is good.

Not sure on the USMC Ships Detachment patch. The seahorse is not as detailed as most that I looked at. Not sure, but doesn't feel right to me.

Also not sure on the 3rd Marine Division patch. Doesn't look too bad and doesn't "feel" like a repro, but not sure.

Also not sure on the 32nd ID patch. Neat three piece construction. Material is very thin wool flannel. Not sure of the time frame ? 1920s ? 1930s ? It looks and feels good, but again just not sure.

The paratroop hat patch looks good. A little smaller than normal. Twill background.

Anyway, any opinions are appreciated.

Rich M

post-12-1326007428.jpg

Gents,

Picked up this group of patches at an antique store Thursday. Looking for opinions on some of these.

The CPO rank patch looks good. 1943 date on the back.

The USMC Antiaircraft patch also looks good. Twill with the "cheese cloth" backing.

The CBI patch looks neat. Can't quite read the markings on the back. I think it is good.

Not sure on the USMC Ships Detachment patch. The seahorse is not as detailed as most that I looked at. Not sure, but doesn't feel right to me.

Also not sure on the 3rd Marine Division patch. Doesn't look too bad and doesn't "feel" like a repro, but not sure.

Also not sure on the 32nd ID patch. Neat three piece construction. Material is very thin wool flannel. Not sure of the time frame ? 1920s ? 1930s ? It looks and feels good, but again just not sure.

The paratroop hat patch looks good. A little smaller than normal. Twill background.

UND VAT ABOUT DER EDELWEISS ? I feel like singing Edelweiss :lol:

Anyway, any opinions are appreciated.

Rich M

Sorry about the Edelweiss patch. It was part of the group that I bought, but I forgot to pull it out when I took the pic.

Rich M

Sorry about the Edelweiss patch. It was part of the group that I bought, but I forgot to pull it out when I took the pic.

Rich M

The Edelweiss abzeichen I trust it is orignal :thumbsup: just a quick JA oder Nein, as it is not a U.S. one, and we want to stay in the parameters of the Forum. Your other patches incidently,look very good.

Guys, thanks for the replies.

You all think the Ships Detachment patch is a good one ? That is the one I am most unsure about. The other one I have in my collection is the regular style not the felt, so I couldn't really compare it. I looked at several originals listed on e-bay and on all of them the seahorse looked much more detailed than this one does ?

Also, I could not find anything similar to style of the 32nd ID patch. I am thinking maybe 1920s or 1930s ????

Sorry again about the Edelweiss patch. I forgot to pull it out when I took the picture. I think it is original, but I will post it to a different forum for an opinion. Sorry about that mods.

Thanks again for the opinions and replies.

Rich M

Guys, thanks for the replies.

You all think the Ships Detachment patch is a good one ? That is the one I am most unsure about. The other one I have in my collection is the regular style not the felt, so I couldn't really compare it. I looked at several originals listed on e-bay and on all of them the seahorse looked much more detailed than this one does ?

Also, I could not find anything similar to style of the 32nd ID patch. I am thinking maybe 1920s or 1930s ????

Sorry again about the Edelweiss patch. I forgot to pull it out when I took the picture. I think it is original, but I will post it to a different forum for an opinion. Sorry about that mods.

Thanks again for the opinions and replies.

Rich M

Rich

its fine.

There are other wool/felt based USMC patches that were made in the same manner that are war time.I have a 4th Mar Div on the same material as well as a 2nd Mar Div.

You have nothing to worry about on the Ships Detachment patch.

As for the 32nd Division patch, I believe its actually from the occupation era, made in Japan just after WWII.

Both are nice patches.

Vance

Easystreet;

I've had an identical 32nd Infantry Division patch for years and have always considered it to be Australian made.

Jim