36th Infantry Division---Lone Star

36-tex

I would love to see what others have. Show your stuff related to this great division. My grandfather served with them in 1944-45 in Southern France. Was captured and held in Stalg VIIA. Here are some of my things.

Beautiful "T" patch collection! I like the helmet too!

Years ago, I had a great looking 2nd Lt. WWI cotton tunic with a nice original "T" patch, correct brass, the whole works. Like a dummy, I sold it & have regretted that ever since. Oh well, at least I can see yours and others collections of this famous division.

If any of you guys are ever in Austin, stop by the state capitol building and see the monument to the 36th Division on the lawn. Their monument is in good company along with Hood's Texas Brigade and Terry's Texas Rangers (8th Texas Cavalry), from the War Between the States. thumbsup.gif

pathfinder505
Lets try that picture again!

I have a 36th Div group with a wooden shoe just like the one in your display case.

Great 36th ID collection.
Thanks to KASTAUFFER I own this PH awarded to Clarence Doucette.
He was in the 143rd Infantry Regiment and was captured by the Germans in Southern France on 25th August 1944. He spent the rest of the war also in STALAG VIIA Moosburg and on nearby work details.

EDIT: Pictures are lost

Regards,
Stephan

• 6 years later...

WOW!!!! nice collection, can you take a close up picture of the bottom half of them?

They are in a different frame, so which ones you want a close-up of?

Really surprised that Tommy Kitchens of Kansas now has not chimed in on this. Tommy had one of the finest collections of Texas related patches I have seen. Seems he was mainly interested in CAV as his Dad had served in the unit during WWII. Tommy, you around??? Nice collection, huh?

Tommy indeed has THE best collection of 36th stuff I have seen.

Here are some close ups of some of mine. Sorry for the glare, but they are in a frame and I am to lazy to remove them.

post-98-0-91160100-1366500160.jpg

Chris, here are some shots of the 143rd IR tabs. The middle one is a fantasy piece as the tabs were not black and red style. Also, the tab was worn by company G and not company C that the middle tab shows.

post-98-0-27346900-1366500433.jpg

JerseyDevil117

You have a crazy collection. Is the one with the attached tab foreign made? It almost looks US made but the edges of the 36 ID and the tab match perfectly.

You have a crazy collection. Is the one with the attached tab foreign made? It almost looks US made but the edges of the 36 ID and the tab match perfectly.

I believe it is German made. It is the only one I have ever seen. I have other 36th ID patches, but they are simply simple variations of the standard cut edged ones. I also have some neat Iraqi / Afghan made ones.

• 1 month later...