WWII BC-721-B Handy Talkie Radio

USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321

Purchased this yesterday with a pile of stuff thinking just your standard WWII Talkie but quickly found the Model number on the plate BC-721-B is not the normal field set but designed for the Glider Aircraft Pilots? Is this accurate and are these usually harder to come by?

This is my first one and I just stumbled upon it with no research to go on at the time of purchase, I just thought it would be nice to have for display in the collection and any I've seen at shows (not sure if this model type) seem to want big money?? So it was fun to find this one and at a good price!

post-33000-1325868882.jpg

post-33000-1325868901.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

Wow, that is great!! But seems like whenever I "Score", it's always something I want to keep. Would have been nice to have found a small stack of these in the garage!!! Keep one for display and sell the rest to support my addiction, I mean hobby!!

USMC-RECON0321
post-214-1325870668.jpg

Great reference, is this from the web site you have to pay to be a member, I think it's called "what's it worth or worth point" somthing like that?

If so, is it "worth" subscribing to?

Great reference, is this from the web site you have to pay to be a member, I think it's called "what's it worth or worth point" somthing like that?

If so, is it "worth" subscribing to?

Yes, it's worthpoint: I do a lot of appraisals and it's handy because it goes back in some cases 5 or 6 years. It's especially handy for uncommon items that just don't come up for sale very often.

USMC-RECON0321
Yes, it's worthpoint: I do a lot of appraisals and it's handy because it goes back in some cases 5 or 6 years. It's especially handy for uncommon items that just don't come up for sale very often.

I thought so. It comes up alot in searches and I've been thinking might be worth having.

Thanks again.

BC-721-B is not the normal field set but designed for the Glider Aircraft Pilots?

Theoretically -- yes.

Practically -- no.

There was too many communication systems for the CG-4A gliders and to little good communication between various Army and AAF departments how to use them in practice, if at all in the conditions of radio silence during combat operations. The main communication system between towed glider and its towplane was the AN/AIA-1A Interphone Equipment.