Questionable service history

M1Marksman

Glenn_Janssens

I don't know why exactly, but in a way he reminds me of Forrest Gump! :blink:

Give this guy a box of chocolates and tell him to move on.

Also, did I mention he claims 78 confirmed kills as a sniper? He says there were more, but couldn't reach the bodies from where he was.

He also claims he shot a water buffalo with his M14, but it didn't penetrate the skull & it charged him. Said he ran past a bunch of guys & they eventually shot it with a .50 cal.

How much febreze do you go through? Cause your house must stink with all the bull poopie hes spewing!

Also, did I mention he claims 78 confirmed kills as a sniper? He says there were more, but couldn't reach the bodies from where he was.

He also claims he shot a water buffalo with his M14, but it didn't penetrate the skull & it charged him. Said he ran past a bunch of guys & they eventually shot it with a .50 cal.

Just dump all his crap on the front lawn and change the locks the next time he leaves the house!

Just dump all his crap on the front lawn and change the locks the next time he leaves the house!

That's no way to treat a Colonel!

Yeah! A Major, maybe, but not a Colonel!

Oh wait, he was a Staff Sergeant...NO, a buck sergeant. I forget anymore!

If you are receiving documents and information regarding his service, why not make him a shadow box honoring his service? Therefore, he can finally receive the awards comng to him. Of course it wont represent the elegant and ornamental stories he has fabricated but it will make him realize what he has actually acomplished- more than alot others have ( not everyone can say they had been a Sergeant in the United States Army). I realize that this requires you to add more money to the endless and unforgiving pit he has created, but maybe it will make him stop stealing the valor his brothers in arms had earned and appreciate what little he himself has earned.

Food for thought,

-Artur

How about ya box up a set of stripes, some green army men (mortar team only), a slide whistle and a print out of what you have found out about him?? :D

patchtrader864

What we have is a 64 year old man that is a Veteran of the United States Army thank you for your service , M1Marksman you have someone in your house that you need to move out we can all understand that.It would be interesting to find out if he was in Vietnam. Armor Crewman had the highest % casualties in the war with that m.o.s. you can bet he saw a lot of combat .but a lot of armor guy's never left the states or spent there time in Germany .Patchtrader864

If you are receiving documents and information regarding his service, why not make him a shadow box honoring his service? T

Here's a real vet plus poser shadow box: he did get a Purple Heart (maybe three) and possible a Bronze Star but.... well you can read more about it at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...howtopic=115445

post-214-1310613266.jpg

If you are receiving documents and information regarding his service, why not make him a shadow box honoring his service? Therefore, he can finally receive the awards comng to him. Of course it wont represent the elegant and ornamental stories he has fabricated but it will make him realize what he has actually acomplished- more than alot others have ( not everyone can say they had been a Sergeant in the United States Army). I realize that this requires you to add more money to the endless and unforgiving pit he has created, but maybe it will make him stop stealing the valor his brothers in arms had earned and appreciate what little he himself has earned.

Food for thought,

-Artur

He accomplished more in his mind than he ever did in real life! He's lied to everyone he's ever met, including my whole family who treat him like a family member. I don't know who the hell he is now & I'm certainly NOT going to honor him for being something he's NOT! 78 confirmed kills, my rump.

That means I'm NOT spending a dime on this poser to honor what he did in the military or anywhere else. If YOU want to send him a nice shadow box, be my guest!

BTW, my cousin was a Sergeant in the US Army and, although he didn't see combat, he is a stand-up guy & would NEVER embellish his military career or exploits just to impress anyone. I still have his class A uniform & display it proudly!

How about ya box up a set of stripes, some green army men (mortar team only), a slide whistle and a print out of what you have found out about him?? :D

I just might... :smokin:

I'm not sure what I have to say here that will be at all accepted but I have come across so many posers that I am no longer affected. My last one at an airshow and while it was so evident to this guy that I knew he was lying he knew no way out. Finally, I just asked him what he really did in yhe Air Force which I already had a good idea from the small bits of truth he had intermingled. He had been an Air Force AP assigned to U~Tapao and NOT to the unit he claimed, which I already knew did not even exist. I then shook his hand and asked him why he could not live by the truth of his accomplishments instead of his pitiful lie. I also told him the answer to my question was for him alone and he did not need to justify himself to me.

My most pitiful experience was the wife who wanted me to meet her husband because he had been a SEAL. Well, he wasn't and he knew I knew he wasn't but I left that one between me and him. Whatever he told her in the bedroom was NOT my business.

No matter who we are or what we have or have not sone each of us deserves dignity. This isn't really about embellishments but a guy who needs to get out.

I cannot offer you any more recommendations other than maybe you get an eviction order dated for the day he's supposed to move out. It will be the toughest thing for you to do but this seems to be the only way.

Good luck.

I'm not sure what I have to say here that will be at all accepted but I have come across so many posers that I am no longer affected. My last one at an airshow and while it was so evident to this guy that I knew he was lying he knew no way out. Finally, I just asked him what he really did in yhe Air Force which I already had a good idea from the small bits of truth he had intermingled. He had been an Air Force AP assigned to U~Tapao and NOT to the unit he claimed, which I already knew did not even exist. I then shook his hand and asked him why he could not live by the truth of his accomplishments instead of his pitiful lie. I also told him the answer to my question was for him alone and he did not need to justify himself to me.

My most pitiful experience was the wife who wanted me to meet her husband because he had been a SEAL. Well, he wasn't and he knew I knew he wasn't but I left that one between me and him. Whatever he told her in the bedroom was NOT my business.

No matter who we are or what we have or have not sone each of us deserves dignity. This isn't really about embellishments but a guy who needs to get out.

I cannot offer you any more recommendations other than maybe you get an eviction order dated for the day he's supposed to move out. It will be the toughest thing for you to do but this seems to be the only way.

Good luck.

There's no lease, just a guy staying at my house. If he's not gone by Feb 1st, his stuff will be at the curb & the locks will be changed. I no longer trust this guy & it's getting harder each day to look at him in my house. I treat him with respect & dignity (for now). Once he's out, all bets are off.

He accomplished more in his mind than he ever did in real life! He's lied to everyone he's ever met, including my whole family who treat him like a family member. I don't know who the hell he is now & I'm certainly NOT going to honor him for being something he's NOT! 78 confirmed kills, my rump.

That means I'm NOT spending a dime on this poser to honor what he did in the military or anywhere else. If YOU want to send him a nice shadow box, be my guest!

BTW, my cousin was a Sergeant in the US Army and, although he didn't see combat, he is a stand-up guy & would NEVER embellish his military career or exploits just to impress anyone. I still have his class A uniform & display it proudly!

I did not mean to make you a bit mad, but it was only a suggestion. Sorry!

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Please invite him to join the "Rally Point" at his link: http://the-rally-point.com

Tell him we're a bunch of really nice guys....er...."Reenactors" and that we want to invite him onto the site as a guest. He needs to make a very, very detailed introduction as our guest of honor ;)

Rock

Well, he informed me last night that he has a meeting Thursday with a bigwig from the VA. He's hoping the guy can find him cheap lodging right away, but if not, he has a buddy who can probably put him up temporarily. He agrees that we need our house back & my son needs his bedroom back. Hopefully he'll be out by this weekend, but we're expecting 2-6" of snow Thursday night thru Friday morning.

Manchu Warrior
Well, he informed me last night that he has a meeting Thursday with a bigwig from the VA. He's hoping the guy can find him cheap lodging right away, but if not, he has a buddy who can probably put him up temporarily. He agrees that we need our house back & my son needs his bedroom back. Hopefully he'll be out by this weekend, but we're expecting 2-6" of snow Thursday night thru Friday morning.

I guess it will be hard for him to carry all his bulls__t through the snow. Good luck!!

El Bibliotecario

During the time I worked for the VA it was my experience that those who had served in combat didn't talk about it, and that those who hadn't but who were trying to milk the system never shut up about it--and they all claimed to have been in elite units. Your boarder fits the latter profile to a T.

... but we're expecting 2-6" of snow Thursday night thru Friday morning.

This is not your problem. This is HIS problem. Just like it's not your problem if the VA doesn't find him quarters. Now that your charity has assured you a place in heaven alongside Mother Teresa, THROW THE LEACH OUT!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he moved all his stuff out Saturday & returned all keys. I'm still going to change the locks, though. He bought pizza the night before & was very thankful for all we'd done for him.

Now I have to clean the carpet & walls (some gun oil leaked from the rifles stading against the wall), patch some cracks & paint. My son is very excited to get his room back after almost 2 years!

Still haven't heard from pownetwork yet. They said they'd have more info in 4-6 weeks. It's only been about 3...

Heard back from pownetwork today. He served 3 years active duty, 3 years reserve. He did go to Viet Nam (for 4 months) & drive an APC, came back & was a clerk typist (for 4 months), then a Drill Sgt (for 8 months or so). No mention of Ranger or sniper training, or of being in the 173rd.

His awards include:

National Defense Service Medal, Bronze Star, VN Service Medal w/2 bronze service stars, VN Campaign Medal w/60 device, 2 Overseas Bars (why 2 for 4 months?), Combat Infantry Badge, Expert Badge w/rifle bar. NO mention of a Silver Star or Purple Heart that he claims.

So obviously he did do something, he just added some more...

Anyhoo, that's all I got. Now what do I do with it, if anything?

I suggest that you leave the man to his misery. If he is doing NO HARM, let this whole thing go. He is suffering in his own hell, and I'm sure that is enough.

In his defense, he ACTUALLY DID DO SOME OF THE THINGS HE SAID HE DID!! That's better then most, and we don't know what kind of effect this has had on him.

MHO.

I bought some stuff from the son of a Vietnam veteran who actually did earn a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts, yet STILL felt compelled to embellish the truth. As his son told me words to the effect of, "If dad was in Vietnam for 6 months he'd incorporate a dozen other people's stories as his own."

A guy I know for years always bragged about his brother in Vietnam and how he was Special Forces and knew 5 different languages. His brother subsequently did top secret work after he got out. Well, one thing is true: his brother did serve with Special Forces in Vietnam and earned a Bronze Star. Original certificates do support this. Anyways, this last week I took his brother's microfiche records to get printed out and what I saw really saddened me. I don't know what his brother told him, but it wasn't good. He was enlisted and was commissioned in 1967 after his tour in Vietnam. His Officer evaluation was almost unbelievable: "the most inept officer I have ever seen"...." I don't how he was ever commissioned in the first place"....."The laziest man I have ever known"..... It just went on and on. He also failed Czech at the Defense Language Institute. I did not have the heart to tell his brother. So people will say anything to save a bit of face.....

-Ski