New show COMBAT CASH starts January 11

Bob Hudson

I will add my thoughts to the mix. I recorded and watched both shows. I enjoyed the show and think they came across as well spoken and intelligent. I could tell that everyone from the reenactors and dealers had a true respect for the military and the items they had. The non-swearing was great. I watch all of the "picking/pawn" shows and the bleeping is distracting. Although I am not into armor or reenacting but I do enjoy watching different aspects of the hobby. It is always fun to see watermellons get blasted with automatic weapons. I will keep recording and watching the show for as long as it is on. I do hope they take us on a tour of the shop. Many great items I would like to see up close.

Steve

Any idea what happens after that point?

If the network thinks the first four shows did well, then they would order more: Four shows is am typical test run and after that, who knows? An example is American Restoration which had its four season first episode and then when it got picked up for a second season they ordered 30 episodes: if that happens with Bob and Owen, their lives will change radically.

vintageproductions

Here is the schedule for the next two episodes on Jan 25th. Once these air, Discovery makes the decision if they want to see more of us, and if the ratings back up their order. So right now it is all in the network & the viewing audience's hands.

8:00 pm

(30 minutes)

Remind Me Combat Cash

Real GI Joe/1795 Springfield Musket

TV-PG

Vintage Productions owner Bob and partner Owen connect passionate collectors with rare military items. They sell a very rare GI Joe and test fire a 1795 Springfield musket. But it's their job for a Vietnam-era Huey helicopter crew that really strikes home

8:30 pm

(30 minutes)

Remind Me Combat Cash

Hellcat Ammo/Flamethrowers

TV-PG

Bob and Owen roll up their sleeves to search for WWII-era ammunition for a Hellcat tank. The owner offers them the bonus of getting to fire off some live rounds. Then the guys light up a special photo shoot with WWII and Vietnam War-era flamethrowers.

Raidercollector

Great Show guys well done. Will this show drive up the prices of military collectibles. Will you guys be back at the SOS show

Nick

vintageproductions

This is a email that was forwarded to us today from the promoters of the D-Day event.

It is emails like this, that let us know we did something right.

I am the mother of Mark Jeanes, Age 9. He is a recent Make-A-Wish child who’s wish was to have a real army jeep to play on in our backyard. ! He has a rare Auto-immune disease that has caused a tumorous growth around his internal organs. He is in some form of remission currently and hanging in there.

His wish was granted last year by the Make-A-Wish foundation of Utah, (we live in Salt Lake City). We have a real 1944 Willy’s Jeep in our backyard ! Along with sandbag bunkers, medic tents, camo netting….everything !

He and his big brother Scott, age 16, are huge military enthusiasts spending hours in the backyard re-enacting battle after battle. My Father, (Marky’s Grandpa) is a surviving WWII Navy Veteran. Marky’s Dad is also an Army Vet.

Mark and I watched Combat Cash last night on the Discovery channel ! I had no idea all that awesomeness was going on in Ohio ! What a great organization you are involved in !

I would like to be able to bring Mark to see your D-Day Events. He has been in several Veteran’s Day parade’s, 4th of July parade’s and has been made an honorary Captain in the US Army by our local National Guard. All of this, through the Make-A-Wish foundation, gratefully. I believe it would be a thrill for him to watch and would lift his spirits.

Do you have any information or ideas of how I can help get him to see this ?

Thank you for all you do in preserving this important part of our history !

Love, Markysmom

How can anyone say anything bad about this show. I respect those who do and they are entitled to their opinions. But when you get a letter like that, about a little boy who is in remission, boy that has to make it all worthwhile. And to top it off members of the opposite sex love the show too. They can't wait to see what Owen is going to do next.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, as I have left several posts, but I thought the show was great and I think a good cross section of non collectors think so too.

M

Is anyone else who watched this worried that the price of cargo shorts and spetnaz T-shirts is going to skyrocket?! Will you be signing autgraphs at the next Pomona show?!

I just watched the show again tonight with my wife (and she didn't run from the room). Once again well done.

I look forward to future episodes.

It was great to see the email on the make-a-wish story. More proof that you guys are really doing good things.

This is a email that was forwarded to us today from the promoters of the D-Day event.

I am the mother of Mark Jeanes, Age 9. He is a recent Make-A-Wish child who’s wish was to have a real army jeep to play on in our backyard. ! He has a rare Auto-immune disease that has caused a tumorous growth around his internal organs. He is in some form of remission currently and hanging in there.

His wish was granted last year by the Make-A-Wish foundation of Utah, (we live in Salt Lake City). We have a real 1944 Willy’s Jeep in our backyard ! Along with sandbag bunkers, medic tents, camo netting….everything !

He and his big brother Scott, age 16, are huge military enthusiasts spending hours in the backyard re-enacting battle after battle. My Father, (Marky’s Grandpa) is a surviving WWII Navy Veteran. Marky’s Dad is also an Army Vet.

Mark and I watched Combat Cash last night on the Discovery channel ! I had no idea all that awesomeness was going on in Ohio ! What a great organization you are involved in !

I would like to be able to bring Mark to see your D-Day Events. He has been in several Veteran’s Day parade’s, 4th of July parade’s and has been made an honorary Captain in the US Army by our local National Guard. All of this, through the Make-A-Wish foundation, gratefully. I believe it would be a thrill for him to watch and would lift his spirits.

Love, Markysmom

Thats a better and more important posting than any of our opinions could ever be!

:thumbsup:

Kurt

jbassmaster18

I LOVE this show. I was up at the Conneaut D-day event as was my unit (2nd rangers of St. Louis) in fact we were on the show!!! when they first show the ww2 reenactment, there is a shot of a group of guys with a WW2 "pin-up girl" wearing a red dress all posing for a picture. That is us. Those of you with a DVR, if you pause it, the guy being lazy laying on the ground under the tree wearing the BAR gear, well that is ME!!!!!! I hope this show lasts a few seasons.

Marcie and her dad are collectors. Her dad is also a member of this forum, and has written some of the books that are considered "Must Haves" of this hobby.

Colin (The British Bloke), is for real. The only thing he had to change was his tweed jacket, and he grabbed a sweater from the other side of the showroom where we do our vintage clothing business.

Good to know. I, too, wondered about those two people on the show, especially the British guy. Like it’s been posted earlier, an outfit like that wouldn’t turn heads in plenty of places. He could ride that bike through downtown Seattle and nobody would notice anything odd about him at all.

Where’d the values get calculated from? I thought the stated values of the machine guns in the sound recording part to be pretty low. I know a guy who deals in them and the prices I see him getting for WW2 weapons is a LOT more than the values you had for the MP-40 and MG-34.

I also agree with an earlier post that suggested a search for a basic set of web gear or something like that. Heck, it’d surprise people to know how much a basic cartridge belt and pack setup from the WW1/WW2 era would cost. Perhaps also going over why these values have gone up. For example, how much more valuable WW2 US stuff is now as opposed to the 90s. Just a thought.

I must be the only one waiting to see more before sharing my opinions of the show, I'd like a complete picture before I decide.

How many more epsiodes are part of this run, just the four?

RC

GeneralCheese

I got around to watching the show today and man, it was awesome! Totally not what I expected, but better than what I expected.

I CAN NOT wait for the other episodes!

Debate is a good thing , but honestly we gave it our best effort , not only to make Militaria seem cool , but to have a good laugh .

And thats more important that prices than anything .

Humor .

owen

You both did a good job with that O, I found myself laughing (In a good way) a number of times. The show isn't what I thought it was going to be, it's actually better, a lot better. I thought it was going to be a show like American Pickers or Storage Wars where it's based off small items and hidden treasures and what not. I wish you guys the best for the future and I will be tuning in every week. :thumbsup:

For those who said this show is going to "ruin" the hobby, you're right! The price of japanese tanks had already begun to sky rocket on ebay!! :P

I hope people are taking the comments some of us have made for what they were intended - constructive criticism. There's certainly no way to make everyone totally happy in any show. Some of us have chosen to provide feedback on what aspects of the show we were not as happy with - but only with the intent of offering some ideas to consider. We all want the show to succeed - we love collecting, this forum and Bob and Owen for stepping out into the unknown to bring us into the mainstream.

I hope people are taking the comments some of us have made for what they were intended - constructive criticism. There's certainly no way to make everyone totally happy in any show. Some of us have chosen to provide feedback on what aspects of the show we were not as happy with - but only with the intent of offering some ideas to consider. We all want the show to succeed - we love collecting, this forum and Bob and Owen for stepping out into the unknown to bring us into the mainstream.

Wow, this post is long. I sadly missed the show-is it going to be repreated before the next episode? Sometimes they replay on the weekends?? Anyone know?

Love, Markysmom

Ok, first being the natural skeptic I am lets verify this is true.

Second, if it is and make a wish can't, let us get him to the reenactment! I am willing to donate to a fund to get him and his family there. Maybe Bob or Owen can/will oversee it.

Third, I bet he would love a ride in some actual armor. Would the collector showcased in the first episode be willing to give him some rides?

Fourth, I and I am sure most of us have some small extras we could send to him. This will show that us military collectors are not a bunch of weirdos.

And finally I think it would cool to see all this shown on the program.

Ray

RC,

Are you playing 'hard to get' ?? :lol:

I guess so! :lol:

Really I do want to see some more episodes though, I know several posted their opinions before and right after the show aired.

RC

Dirt Detective
Ok, first being the natural skeptic I am lets verify this is true.

Second, if it is and make a wish can't, let us get him to the reenactment! I am willing to donate to a fund to get him and his family there. Maybe Bob or Owen can/will oversee it.

Third, I bet he would love a ride in some actual armor. Would the collector showcased in the first episode be willing to give him some rides?

Fourth, I and I am sure most of us have some small extras we could send to him. This will show that us military collectors are not a bunch of weirdos.

And finally I think it would cool to see all this shown on the program.

Ray

Good idea Ray count me in. :thumbsup: