USMC ww2 three pocket Grenade carrier

sogmanjoe

Hi my brother pick this USMC ww2 three pocket Grenade carrier up at a small militaria fair. it has a usmc hanger on the back and is made from the some canvas as the two pocket Grenade carrier. it looks the some as the two pocket Grenade carrier in Harlan Glenn book '782 GEAR' on page 190. me and my brother have never seen an USMC ww2 three pocket Grenade carrier, and can't find a photo of one in a book. would like to hear poeple opinion on the pouch. thanks joe and jack.2h56160.jpgx2jju0.jpg

Looks like a field modification. The seam tape on the three pocket does not look uniform to the original two top pockets. Looks like they stitched on a lower pocket form another 2 pocket grenade pouch.

craig_pickrall

The Army used three pocket carriers but the one shown here is a modified USMC carrier nor an Army carrier.

I've owned this pouch for almost 30 years. And now because of this topic, I'm worried about it being legit or not.

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

craig_pickrall

Very interesting Robin. I don't think I have ever seen one of those with any markings. That Z in a shield LTD is unusual too. Do you have any other history on it?

Post a pic of the inside of the lift the dot snap. That is how I tell repos. The inside of the snap is poorly done on repos.

I've found many repos that way.